I spent $3,000 today to get in

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: I spent $3,000 today to get in

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:30 am

Main Streeter wrote:I can verify this. :)
I'm sure all the Pin Shop employees can ID me......
hobie16 wrote:When you get your Maui dates set I'll alert the locals. :D:
No need....you can spot me a mile away going oohahhh,I NEED to look in this store :o:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:05 am

Erh, Sorry for the hold up, folks. There seems to be a slow-moving wallaby up ahead, so we're gonna sit here for a spell. You just remain seated, and we'll get that welcome to you in just a moment.

From a (Seasonal) East Coast miner,

:sgthello:

And yes. I prefer your BTMRR, though I have to say I have an affinity for mine, having walked the track. Oh, and opening tower is a hoot, since I love that microphone, and I am fairly sure I am the only person who knows how to speak clearly AND loudly into it. Hint: If you speak directly into it, people will go deaf.

Couple years ago, hhsrat, Shorty82 and I did something for fun, where we printed off some Jungle Cruise FastPasses at Disney World, then took them a few days later to Disneyland and asked where the FP line was. Got a good reaction.

I had wanted to work with a manager at WDW to get the passes to say the time and date that we would be there. There has to be a way to make it for a few days later for a situation like that.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Couple years ago, hhsrat, Shorty82 and I did something for fun, where we printed off some Jungle Cruise FastPasses at Disney World, then took them a few days later to Disneyland and asked where the FP line was. Got a good reaction.
Yes, I remember this. Even recall the reaction you guys got. Fun times! Fun times! :)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:38 am

Freak wrote:Yeah, that's entitlement. One reason I generally don't like APs.

SG: "WHAT!?!?! You're NOT going to give me my discount on this ice cream!?"

Me: "No, this cart is cash only and has no way of tracking discounts..."

SG: "Why don't you just do the math in your head, or are you too lazy to figure it out?"

Me: "And are you going to come with me to see my manager and explain to them why I'm short $x for doing your special 'discount' that you so firmly believe you should get?"

SG: "....."

Me: "That will be $4, have a magical day."
It doesn't help that some Stores Cast Members tell Guests "Show your pass to get discounts everywhere." :rolleyes:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:54 am

I used to only get the basic AP. because I would park over at the hotel and figure I didnt need the parking addon. until I learned the basic is only food discounts. now I get the full AP just for all the discounts and stuff. I liked the AP pins too. bad part is I never got them all. just the main AP pin and a AP 50th pin. ypu can really go nuts with stuff there. guests have to learn that if you have a AP, you are Not a disney god, just another honored guest.

Corey

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:03 pm

On Sunday evening, an AP went bullistic at Ship to Shore.

He said he wanted his discount on his order. Ship to Sore is a fruit cart and CM's at that cart know that there is not a discount for anyone that holds an ap.

The SG continues on threatening to have everyone fired and the cart to be torn down in minutes. SG chews everyone out and demands his discount immediately.

CM gets onto the phone and calls security. SG: Why are you on the phone? CM: I am calling security and they can come out, remove you from the park and take that pass away from you!

SG walks away after giving the CM's a hard time. Security was given a description of SG.

Lets see, Ship to Shore is a fruit cart. It is considered a snack stand. No discounts on vending and fruit carts. The QSR restaurants, restaurants and merchandise stores get the discounts. :)

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:13 pm

CM gets onto the phone and calls security. SG: Why are you on the phone? CM: I am calling security and they can come out, remove you from the park and take that pass away from you!
Just don't let management get involved or they will give the SG a freebie and write you up for sassing the SG. ;)

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:18 pm

That night, there were 2 leads on the cart. Also on the cart, we leave the info on the AP discounts. We do like underlining the areas where NO DISCOUNTS are allowed.

None on vending carts, snack carts and 2 other places.

Ship to shore counts as a snack cart. We only have CM discounts. We don't have the other discounts.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:34 pm

avengador1 wrote:Just don't let management get involved or they will give the SG a freebie and write you up for sassing the SG. ;)
I have never had this problem. Never! I'd rather Leads, managers involved. Easier for me.

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:37 pm

turkeyham wrote:Ship to shore counts as a snack cart.
Where is Ship to Shore cart? I never heard of such. Has to be in F L cuz you don't move, right?