SG Trip Report

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: SG Trip Report

Post by avengador1 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:03 am

The best thing to do is to find one of the shirts (my term for supervisor) in the area and tell them about the good job the cast member is doing. They can then write up a good review for that cast member. My son received a recognition award because a guest told his supervisor how good of a job he did cleaning up the rest room.

Moonstone
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Moonstone » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Last Friday night my family got some really spectacular customer service from both of the Lauras working in Germany. I'm pretty sure one was the supervisor because she wasn't dressed like a Small World doll. I was going to stop by guest services on the way out Epcot but the line was out the door.

Is snail mail really better than email? The manager Laura in particular was wonderful and I really want to let Disney know. I meant to go to guest services when we went back the next day but we were so frazzled by the craziness in the Magic Kingdom that AM it just slipped my mind.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:09 pm

When I go on vacation to the Disney Parks, I do keep a small note book and take notes. Last time my sister and I did write some good compliments on out standing CM's.

5 weeks and both of us will be headed out to WDW. We will be staying with our friends. I plan to take the note book again.

Hopefully I don't take the Amtrak with the noisy cheer leaders from San Juan Capistrono. They were bad enough that the senior citizens were hoping that the car that the Rah Rahs were in were to fall off the track. Wow! That had me laughing. :D:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:46 am

Moonstone, the Laura you speak of who is the manager at Germany is quite awesome. I know, I met her when she was a manager at Le Cellier.

To answer your question, though, snail mail is more effective because you put a stamp on it, and so it costs money for you to say something. So yes, send it via snail mail.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

RedOctober25
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by RedOctober25 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Big Wallaby wrote: To answer your question, though, snail mail is more effective because you put a stamp on it, and so it costs money for you to say something. So yes, send it via snail mail.
What address should these be sent to? I am looking very forward to meeting some wonderful CMs in 8 days when I fly in for a week.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:38 pm

RedOctober25 wrote:What address should these be sent to? I am looking very forward to meeting some wonderful CMs in 8 days when I fly in for a week.
Not sure about the address,,but I'm sure you'll meet quite a few wonderful CMs. ;)

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:14 am

RedOctober25 wrote:What address should these be sent to?
WDW Guest Communications
PO Box 10,000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Zazu

RedOctober25
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by RedOctober25 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:54 pm

Zazu wrote: PO Box 10,000
Seriously... Box TEN THOUSAND! Anyway, thanks for the info and I might be running into you if you are at the Contemporary (staying at my 1/12th share of one room at Bay Lake Towers).

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Actually, the cards they pass out say

WDW Guest Communications
PO Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

or

[email protected]

Odie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Odie » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:41 am

Here's a thought... get some post cards (don't have to be touristy ones, just cards of that shape and size... or maybe ones from your home town?) and address and stamp them ahead of time. Then, as Great Cast Member Moments present themselves, write your message on the postcard and drop in the nearest mailbox (or just send them all when you get home, either way).

I may just steal this idea for myself, next time we make it down to one of the parks... Everyone wants a GREETINGS FROM WISCONSIN! postcard, right? ;)