Any word on color?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Any word on color?

Post by Mr. D. » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:45 pm

avengador1 wrote:This monorail?
http://www.monorails.org/tmspages/cpmarkiv.html
I think MouseSurplus.com picked it up and parted it out.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blm07/291594855/
Yes that monorail.

Here it is in the guys front yard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_IV_monorail
Doctor McKey wrote:Mr. D... First off.. I only mentioned it because someone mentioned that they ( being Disney ) probably used parts from the Mark IV's to rebuild it.. I know this to be false because the systems are not compatible and the size diffrence between the cabs and cars of the IV and the VI's are to great.

The Doctor

Oh, ok.

Yeah the Mark VI;s are bigger, They (Disney) had to enlarge the opening sin the Contemporary to let them pass through.

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:34 pm

Mr. D. wrote:Yeah the Mark VI;s are bigger, They (Disney) had to enlarge the opening sin the Contemporary to let them pass through.

The story i am told was that when they where doing after hours testing with the M4's that the took a cardboard cut out the size of the M6's and attached it to M4 Red and drove it to the Contemp Air Door and see if it would fit....

Like the line from Top Gun says... "Thats a negative Ghost Rider.... The Pattern is To Big...." or was it "Full"... I dont remember

The Doctor

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:48 pm

Doctor McKey wrote:The story i am told was that when they where doing after hours testing with the M4's that the took a cardboard cut out the size of the M6's and attached it to M4 Red and drove it to the Contemp Air Door and see if it would fit....

Like the line from Top Gun says... "Thats a negative Ghost Rider.... The Pattern is To Big...." or was it "Full"... I dont remember

The Doctor
I have seen that photo of the M IV with the cardboard template on it.

The line from TG is "Negative Ghost Rider. The pattern is full."

One of my favorite movies from the time. :D:

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:49 am

ktulu wrote:Chuck Norris does not consider what Chuck Norris does a game. If Chuck Norris did decide Chuck Norris' awesomeness could be replicated in a simple game, it would be so awesome that only two people could ever play it.
Chuck Norris and CNR? :D: