Any word on color?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
MouseKiss
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Any word on color?

Post by MouseKiss » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:It was Maroon. Maroon was a cool color.
That could have been the Aggie monorail. Maroon and white. Yee Hawww!!

Hmmm, maybe maroon would not have been such a good color. Everybody would have been scared to ride. And all those UT fans would have spit tobacco juice on it and refused to ride until the burnt orange one came for them.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:06 pm

I think we should start naming monorails after food.

Monorail Brownie
Monorail Taco
Monorail Hamburger
Monorail Pickle

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Monorail Key Lime Pie
Monorail Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Freak wrote:I think we should start naming monorails after food.

Monorail Brownie
Monorail Taco
Monorail Hamburger
Monorail Pickle
Monorails being controlled by Android now?

DragonFox98 wrote:This is what had Board X all in a tither over the weekend. You wouldn't believe the amount of mis-information wsa going on. Oh, wait....you guys probably would.....nevermind.

Anyway....I actually popped in the thread and tried to explain that it was not a new monorial, but the Tronorail that was being repainted. I should have waited until I had Lasolimu with me. My god, the "that's not trues" and "where are you getting your infos". Ug...I should know better than to type a respond over there.
Coral became TRON and is going back to Coral now.

Peach is a rebuild of Pink from the accident in 2009.

They took the good cab from the wrecked Pink and replaced the wrecked cab on Purple making a whole train, then painted it Teal.

Now they had a good train with no cab units. So they got cabs for the old Pink, and made a whole train and are now painting it Peach.

*NOTE: Reverse Purple and Pink where necessary

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:14 am

Mr. D. wrote:Now they had a good train with no cab units. So they got cabs...
I choose to reserve THAT judgment until I hear from old friends how it drives. First thing they have to do is figure out the gender. All the trains have a gender. Red, for instance, is female. Blue is male. Coral, assuming she comes back feeling the same...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:06 am

Big Wallaby wrote:I choose to reserve THAT judgment until I hear from old friends how it drives. First thing they have to do is figure out the gender. All the trains have a gender. Red, for instance, is female. Blue is male. Coral, assuming she comes back feeling the same...
Out of curiosity, how do you figure it out? If a male pilot grabs the controls and it purrs, it's female?

Temperamental?

Is this part of pilot training? Pylons, hold points and train temperament? (After all, I assume they all have their personality quirks - a new pilot could end up with an overrun if they've trained only in one color and switch to a different train without realizing the braking is looser)

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:55 am

Big Wallaby wrote:I choose to reserve THAT judgment until I hear from old friends how it drives. First thing they have to do is figure out the gender. All the trains have a gender. Red, for instance, is female. Blue is male. Coral, assuming she comes back feeling the same...
So if they'd made a monorail Lavender or Rainbow would it be confused?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:07 pm

The trains' personalities have nothing to do with the color. Red has a tachometer issue (she has from day one) that they've just never been able to fix... even with new tachometers. It's great when you're driving down the Epcot straightaway (if you want to call it straight), speed limit 40 at 40... 40... 40... 40... 40... 47 OVERSPEED... Grind to a halt...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:08 pm

Ok, let me rephrase that.

"They had a partial train with no cabs..." :D:
CptnSkippy wrote:Out of curiosity, how do you figure it out? If a male pilot grabs the controls and it purrs, it's female?

Temperamental?

Is this part of pilot training? Pylons, hold points and train temperament? (After all, I assume they all have their personality quirks - a new pilot could end up with an overrun if they've trained only in one color and switch to a different train without realizing the braking is looser)
I would assume the monorails are like cars in that they are temperamental. I know that this is the reason most cars are female.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:24 pm

From what I heard, some color monorails were more temperamental that others, Red being a prime example of this. Some days they would bring it online only to take it back to the shop a couple of hours later. To do this they would have to shut the Express side monorail down to guests and this would only confuse and anger them, especially when they see the monorail running on that beam. I guess they never noticed when it was going in the opposite direction of normal travel.