Carl And Ellie Forever

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Carl And Ellie Forever

Post by drcorey » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:02 pm

People are crazy. someone build a real life UP house.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4j08YvFbfI
Carl and Ellie's house, in real life. I would like a tour of this house. I wonder how the duplicated all of the family photos and everything. I know disney would never loan them the art to creat them. geez and where dd they get all the furniture made too.
all I can say is WOW. this is better than the simpsons house someone built out here.

Corey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Carl And Ellie Forever

Post by hobie16 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:54 pm

Very cool.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:27 pm

If "Up" is available on DVD, they could've bought one and watched it while taking notes on layout, design, etc.. I thought it was a very nice house, with an interesting blend of old and new, e.g., the up to date fixtures with antiques, without the usually jarring cheek-by-jowl effect. It gives the impression that Carl and Ellie were a very sweet couple. I haven't seen the movie; but I saw the nursery and remembered reading elsewhere that Carl and Ellie had a baby but lost it. True, or not? Because there were pictures of a child.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:45 pm

felinefan wrote:If "Up" is available on DVD, they could've bought one and watched it while taking notes on layout, design, etc.. I thought it was a very nice house, with an interesting blend of old and new, e.g., the up to date fixtures with antiques, without the usually jarring cheek-by-jowl effect. It gives the impression that Carl and Ellie were a very sweet couple. I haven't seen the movie; but I saw the nursery and remembered reading elsewhere that Carl and Ellie had a baby but lost it. True, or not? Because there were pictures of a child.
you have to rent it. yeah she did.
after she lost it she was never the same.

Corey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:16 pm

drcorey wrote:you have to rent it. yeah she did.
after she lost it she was never the same.
Get some tissues handy for the first part.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

MouseKiss
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MouseKiss » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:21 pm

The subdivision builder is the one that made the house. They got permission from Disney to make it as similar as possible, including the interior and furniture. I read they even put balloons on top for the official unveiling. Nothing in the story about it being an option for other houses in the subdivision. Just a publicity gimmick I guess.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:04 pm

I found that movie very depressing. We have been having trouble conceiving and I am the one who is always trying to plan trips. I went to see it by myself and cried my eyes out during the first half. Was hard to watch. Should have walked out.

MouseKiss
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MouseKiss » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:51 pm

SWMBO always says it isn't a Disney movie unless you feel miserable in the beginning. :)

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:28 pm

donut, I never looked @ Up in this way. I didn't see a baby in Up, only in the cloud forms. Maybe I blinked. We watch Up @ least 2xs per month.
:russel: :carl:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:25 pm

I think Up! tugged at the ol' heartstrings faster than any other movie I know of. You quickly come to like Carl and Ellie, share their ups and down, and you can understand how Carl's life seems to come to a halt...

*sniff!* No...I'm not crying...I'm sweating through my eyes....