Official SGT ADD thread

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Re: Official SGT ADD thread

Post by delsdad » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:27 am

techie-13 wrote:Wow! :eek:
This is part of the reason for the extensive NDA that they require everyone working the performance to sign. Unfortunately for them, they cant force the union members to sign if they don't want too. :D:

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:23 pm

Everyone have a Safe and Happy 4th of July!

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:29 pm

The Muppets doing "Stars and Stripes Forever". Just for you. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDA9NbPAK8o

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:33 pm

Mmmm... beeer!

And sammiches. Lots and lots of sammiches.

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:32 pm

How the hell do you condense 40 years of accumulated crud down into a couple boxes and suitcases? Ugh. I was supposed to be so much farther into this project than I am. And still, I post. . .

One thing I'm definitely keeping though- the Little Golden Book my grandmother taught me to read in when I was two (yes, two.) It's called Mickey Mouse's Picnic...

true story.

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:53 am

delsdad wrote:NOT a nice man at all.
Very, very interesting. I knew he had something like that set up, and I knew he was constantly talking when he turned his mic off, but hadn't heard about that.

Good times.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:18 am

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:01 am

Hey everyone!

I am still on the planet and still breathing. Just have had several health issues that have hung me up for awhile, since January mostly, but other health issues before that as well. You all know me, I am not the healthiest girl in the world, but I still try to have my Disney fun. I am getting all better, but soon, yes soon once again I will have yet another surgery to add to my evergrowing number of procedures to keep me alive and well. The next surgery is knee surgery.

The last one was 3 weeks ago and was kidney stone surgery. I was in the hospital after a lithotripsy surgery with anesthetic gas. I HATE that stuff. It really messes up your head. (Lithotripsy is a procedure that uses shock waves to break up LARGE kidney stones into tiny little pieces that are supposed to pass quite easily.) Right. (Supposed to) be the operative words here.

It worked, sorta, but the stubborn stone did not want to leave my body. The small little pieces that had been blasted out of my 12 mm stone piled up in the entrance to the 5mm ureter and caused a blockage. Ow. Off to the hospital for another surgery, more anesthetic gas and a stent in the ureter and lots and lots of pain. Ureters are usually about 5mm wide. The 12 mm stone was NOT gonna go through it to the baldder. So it was a big deal to get rid of this stone. It was my 4th or 5th stone, but the largest and only one that I have had to have lithotripsy for. All the others have passed with great pain and my displeasure.

And now Ralph has joined me in my number of hospital stays. He had another spider bite and it went septic again, only locally on his upper thigh, (not like last time when his whole body was full of blood poisoning) and he went to the hospital for 5 days again. He went to the hospital just 3 days after my 4 day hospital stay. I think he is allergic to the little buggers. I now have him convinced to wear long pants and long sleeved shirts when gardening.

The Plan is still to move to Orlando in the Fall! Ralph promised! If Fall fails , then Spring is our target. But I am definetly demanding that we get the heck out of here by Fall. I can be a misery to live with in my misery. Besides, many of my health iussues will be just memories when we live in the hot, humid climate of Florida. YOU should plan on seeing our pretty faces around the grocery store and the movie complex and the Parks of course, in the Fall, after September. Whoopee! We are finally gonna be in Paradise and will not have to take our vacations there anymore. We can go to the Caribbean and to visit the family and to the Caribbean! :O)

Off tp sleep. It is late, or rather early in the AM, 2:52 AM here, Colorado time. I sleep so much during the day due to the heavy drugs I am on til the stent is out, out, out, that I have trouble sleeping at night. Oh well, I stopped by to say hi to all m y buddies and to see how SGT is doing these days. Still enough SG's in the Parks to keep the conversatio0n exciting, I see! :O)

Til next visit! I miss you all and will be seeing you Florida Parks friends sooner than you think. We will also be doing a Disneyland trip before we move to Florida, so we shall see all our Anaheim friends as well. Get ready Disneymom, we are coming!

Princess Kidney Stone
Susie-Q :p:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:51 am

Good to hear you haven't fallen off the planet. Check in more often.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:01 am

Very good to hear from you Susi. Definitely keep Ralph away from those spiders. Little Wallaby discovered the hard way that she was allergic to fire ants, so be careful of them as well. Ah, LW and the fire ants. THAT'S a story I'll have to tell sometime.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?