Disney marriage proposal

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Disney marriage proposal

Post by BRWombat » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:29 am

This is amazingly clever! Has anyone here seen this before?

I'm assuming "Lindsay" is the one in the front seat -- and she's likely regretting that that expression is preserved forever in a picture everyone will want to see for the rest of her life!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

kcberlin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Disney marriage proposal

Post by kcberlin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:13 pm

BRWombat wrote:This is amazingly clever! Has anyone here seen this before?

I'm assuming "Lindsay" is the one in the front seat -- and she's likely regretting that that expression is preserved forever in a picture everyone will want to see for the rest of her life!
It's a clever idea, but why are there 9 hands showing on four people? Or is that really a hand on the "me" sign. :eek:

The opinions expressed here may not be those of kcberlin. Sometimes I just like to stir shit.:twisted:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Or you can get all of disneyland in on it like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpojZ0COU3Y
or this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoJeoObNj2E

Corey

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:43 pm

BRWombat wrote:This is amazingly clever! Has anyone here seen this before?

Does ANYONE take a good pic on Splash Mountain? I have one showing my terrified kid on it(Bad Mom)but I look beyond hideous :eek:
.........No FlashMountain.Com Pics,you naughty people :rolleyes:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:28 am

One of my best friends from back in high school proposed to his girlfriend in the exact same way back in 2009. But it was just him holidng a single sign behind her, and she didn't see it until the photo monitors.

-Rob

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:00 am

kcberlin wrote:It's a clever idea, but why are there 9 hands showing on four people? Or is that really a hand on the "me" sign. :eek:
It has to be a hand, how else would the sign be held?? You are right, where is that extra hand coming from, lol!!!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

andfar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by andfar » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:21 am

DisneyMom wrote:Does ANYONE take a good pic on Splash Mountain? I have one showing my terrified kid on it(Bad Mom)but I look beyond hideous :eek:
.........No FlashMountain.Com Pics,you naughty people :rolleyes:
DisneyMom, you have to do one of these. We always try to do something silly. :) Our boy just wanted to sit there looking cute. I think he did a fantastic job. He never knows where the camera is anyway.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:56 pm

andfar wrote:DisneyMom, you have to do one of these. We always try to do something silly. :) Our boy just wanted to sit there looking cute. I think he did a fantastic job. He never knows where the camera is anyway.

That is a very cute pic :) I need to learn where camera is,too!Have Space Mountain one memorized,tho,and always try to pose ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:55 pm

No marriage proposal involved, but here's one of my favorite Splash Mountain photos:
Attachments
RADP8 Splash.600.jpg
RADP8 Splash.600.jpg (68.25 KiB) Viewed 2086 times

Zazu

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:41 am

Zazu wrote:No marriage proposal involved, but here's one of my favorite Splash Mountain photos:
Wow! Increased hourly throughput... Done!

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.