kurtisnelson will not be on stage

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

kurtisnelson will not be on stage

Post by kurtisnelson » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Well, it seems Disney is getting really bad at keeping us capable people on staff. Due to what is basically a typo that I admitted I made, I've pulled the plug and put in my two weeks to avoid a long pointless process.

Kurt

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: kurtisnelson will not be on stage

Post by darph nader » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:39 pm

That sucks. You just got there. :(

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:08 am

I am sorry to hear that. :(

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Glad you're getting out. It might be tough to land another position somewhere (Took me all most 6 months to the day), but it's not worth working for Disney anymore. Not with these conditions.

Good luck with whatever new things you find.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by kurtisnelson » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:50 pm

IndyandMarion wrote:Glad you're getting out. It might be tough to land another position somewhere (Took me all most 6 months to the day), but it's not worth working for Disney anymore. Not with these conditions.

Good luck with whatever new things you find.
I was planning on going back to school in the spring anyways, so I don't have that issue.

But as a friend said to me:
If Mickey pays you wrong, he doesn't care.
But if you pay yourself wrong, he gets very nasty.
I'm not liking where the company is going, while the Union does go overboard, they have some valid points as to that Disney is not treating cast well.

Kurt

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Yikes! I'm sorry to hear that. :(

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:12 pm

Very Sorry :(

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:12 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:I was planning on going back to school in the spring anyways, so I don't have that issue.
I'm not liking where the company is going, while the Union does go overboard, they have some valid points as to that Disney is not treating cast well.
I'm sure,Walt and Roy are spinning in their graves. :(

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:35 pm

kurtisnelson wrote: I'm not liking where the company is going, while the Union does go overboard, they have some valid points as to that Disney is not treating cast well.
I'm going to go off on a little rant here so if you stop mid way, I don't take offense.

I've bee. . . was with them since 2003. In 2004, I noticed it was going downhill. In 2005, it really hit the bottom.

They consider a 200 dollar bonus bribe to cast an incentive to sign off on the new contract. Then take it away during the next round, and then offer only a 3% raise (Which translates to roughly 25 cents). BUT, on top of that, health insurance taxes being taken out of your check will go up $3 a week. Not a month, A WEEK.

Hours that a promised, aren't. Safety situations that are brought up are only taken care of once someone is injured from said situation. Folks, it's not the Happiest Place on Earth. You want that, go stick your head in the sand. It'll get you away from everything.

HOWEVER. The "Union" isn't very good as a group. For a group that supports the cast (And I will give it credit, 362 fights like hell. I've been on both sides (As a union rep and someone who was wrongfully accused, and terminated). The problem is, is that most people who AREN'T with the union, don't like it simply because of the dues you pay from your check. But like it or not, it pays to be a part of it. Sure, it's not as a concret group as other unions around the country, and that's their biggest problem. Many times over the few years I dealt with a contract renewal I saw the union rally the troops for a strike, the members were ready! They were ready to stand their ground. Strike day came. . . ."Yeah I don't feel like striking today". BS. You're afraid that if you strike, Disney will simply replace you. They have the power to do it, yes. But, not going through with it just shows to Disney that the members aren't as confident as they claim they are so Disney figures "We can offer bare bones on the contracts and eventually they'll cave"

And they all ways did, have and will.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by kurtisnelson » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:19 pm

IndyandMarion wrote:Hours that a promised, aren't. Safety situations that are brought up are only taken care of once someone is injured from said situation. Folks, it's not the Happiest Place on Earth. You want that, go stick your head in the sand. It'll get you away from everything.
I find the whole Safe-D Begins With Me absurd. Do you know how many times the mainstreet managers try and bubble up issues? Every single night we have 5-10 tripping over poorly lit curbs during fireworks due to rope placement. The other seriously non-magical departments are deployment and costuming. Every time I needed assistance from them, not only was it hard to get, but they gave me flat out wrong information. It's what happens when you turn a minimum wage job at disney into something like any other job, you get lousy employees who don't care.

Kurt