Stupid Pizza Flyer Tricks

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Stupid Pizza Flyer Tricks

Post by goofyjoe » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:31 pm

kcberlin wrote:I so cannot wait to meet you Zazu. :D:
I haven't had a chance to meet him yet. He, like so many others in Concierge, has an encyclopedic knowledge of all things WDW. (I have a friend who works in Concierge at another resort, and he has had many interesting experiences at WDW, all in the name of "product knowledge".)

It's too bad that he can't give his Misguided Tours of the Magic Kingdom anymore... would have loved to have taken one when they were "legal".

At least the flyers in the hotel rooms are for pizza - it's not like Las Vegas, when the flyers are for things that don't involve takeout food ;) (but they are probably about as scammy as the flyers)

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

Malpass93
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Malpass93 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:04 am

Reading this made my mind jump to an advert that was on TV when I was in WDW. I think it was Flippers' but i'm not certain. Anyway, I remember it because it was very official, almost like a police advert, and the best line was something like:
Do not order a pizza from anyone else. If you do get a pizza from them at all, it may have been made in someone's garage - or worse!
Ah, memories of a distant land :)

Maybe someday I'll be a CM...

Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, United Kingdom...

chartle
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by chartle » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:58 am

Two years ago we stayed off site so we were fair game for the Pizza Flyers.

Every night two or three would pop up under our door. My sons' made a weird observation. All the the Pizza packages, large pizza, bread sticks and 6 pack of pop where all the same price or with in 5 cents. In fact all the menus looked like they were printed by the same company, kind of like Chinese menus. I was just thinking they were being competitive.

Well we ordered our pizza and we did get it, wasn't the best but beat WDW prices.

Flash forward to Feb of this year, I was planning a band trip to WDW and on the first night we have pizza for them. We picked an off site hotel and I asked the sales manager where we could get pizza delivered and brought up those fliers and should we pick one of them.

He told me they just had a hotel association meeting where they discussed these places and he said they were trying to crack down on the fliers. He didn't go into detail but now I understand.

We got Flippers for the band and I guess it was OK for "Florida style" pizza. :)

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:29 pm

chartle wrote: We got Flippers for the band and I guess it was OK for "Florida style" pizza. :)
One of my CM friends (who works in Concierge) actually recommended Flippers and said that they've "never had a problem with them". I guess that's as good a recommendation you can get for off-property pizza delivery to Disney. Though the pizza in Central Florida doesn't really seem to be that good, at least that place won't skim your credit card number!

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

PhilimusPrime
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by PhilimusPrime » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:26 am

Flippers' garlic breadsticks are amazing. Very good local chain!

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:35 am

Us northeastern folk are particular about our Pizza... and our Buffalo Wings....

Would you believe there are some places where people have been lead to believe a buffalo wing involved BBQ sauce? No! That's a BBQ Wing!

8^P