AK new opening, other annoyances, and a thank you

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
andfar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

AK new opening, other annoyances, and a thank you

Post by andfar » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:44 am

I make sure to visit WDW every year. I just got back from this years trip. Question for everyone out there. Why did AK change the opening? Everyone used to walk up to where you can view the tree of life and Mickey would appear. Goofy, and Donald or whoever else were driven around yada, yada. Now they just let you into the very front and Mickey, Minnie, and ? (someone else) are driven around. Why did this change? I really liked being more than two steps into the park before the 'rope drop'.

Oh and I attended MNSSHP. I am dressed up in a Minnie mouse dress (original, I know) Some little girl asks me if I work there while I was looking around in a store. I tell her no. Then I hear her dad say, "Yeah, she does, honey, she is just off duty right now."
????Wha???? Why would he assume this?
There was also a woman who started screaming at a poor CM at a meet and greet. I mean SCREAMING. Her kid is asleep in the stroller, so she wasn't trying to get something done for her kid. I just heard her scream, "I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 20 MIN!!!!"
What she was waiting for, I don't know. The CM rushed her away to whatever it was she was wanting. We proceeded to go meet Aladin, and Abu.

THEN on my way home, I am in the plane and listening to someone behind me talk about going to the Magic Mountain (he means Magic Kingdom). I am CRINGING. He asks the stranger next to him if that is what it is called. She replies, "I think that is a ride."
Seriously?!?! Did you people not just come from there, and you can't remember the name of things???

Thanks to all the CM's that made the rest of our trip special. My little man was chosen for a birthday surprise at the Haunted Mansion. He put on the butler outfit and helped let the people in. Very cool, and he keeps talking about it. It was the best part of the trip for him. :)

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Re: AK new opening, other annoyances, and a thank you

Post by kurtisnelson » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:15 pm

andfar wrote:Oh and I attended MNSSHP
I hope you had excellent fun staying to the right.

Kurt

andfar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by andfar » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:11 am

We picked the wrong time to go for sure. Last year we did the Christmas Party mid November and it was pretty dead.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:49 pm

I just got back today and I can truthfully say that I made my first trip in 1983 and have been 27 times since then and I have never seen crowds as large as they were this past weekend. It is hard to tell that there is a problem with the economy by just looking around WDW. On the other hand...I have never been in October before.

:goofy: :goofy:

PhilimusPrime
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by PhilimusPrime » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:15 pm

There was a marathon this weekend. Also the start of Food and Wine at Epcot.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:52 pm

PhilimusPrime wrote:There was a marathon this weekend. Also the start of Food and Wine at Epcot.
Yea, I know...just bad timing I guess. The food an wine thing did nothing for me. I'm afraid I can't see the appeal.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:07 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:Yea, I know...just bad timing I guess. The food an wine thing did nothing for me. I'm afraid I can't see the appeal.
It's all timing. Due to the marathon, the start of food and wine, and the absurd amount of halloween parties, crowds are doing really strange things and causing our forecasts to be dead wrong. We had to use the bypass on main street on monday....in OCTOBER!

Kurt

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:28 am

kurtisnelson wrote:It's all timing. Due to the marathon, the start of food and wine, and the absurd amount of halloween parties, crowds are doing really strange things and causing our forecasts to be dead wrong. We had to use the bypass on main street on monday....in OCTOBER!
If it was during the Electric Light Parade...I was right there by the entrance watching the parade from there. I did wonder what was happening. Lot's of people.

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:52 am

kurtisnelson wrote:It's all timing. Due to the marathon, the start of food and wine, and the absurd amount of halloween parties, crowds are doing really strange things and causing our forecasts to be dead wrong. We had to use the bypass on main street on monday....in OCTOBER!
Yeah. Isn't it great????

Oh, and our forecasts have not been even close in memorable history.

Oh hey Kurtis .... don't get too excited about using the bypass.

:facts:

First, MK has been using the bypass far too often for last two years. :oops:

Second, well we really need a new way to do our forecasts. :right:

Finally, we have had to use it for crowds in October when we have had this kind of lovely weather. When you combine the brutal summer we just went thru with fabulous weather,
you ..... get...... CROWDS.
:club:
Gonna be a great Holiday period this year LOL :wantsmil:

Thank the gods! :bow:

MAPO

Nobleman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Nobleman » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:08 am

Hey, what's up with food and whine? If I had a nationality I'd be pissed off at some of the garbage that was being served.

My first time attending, is it always this bad, or was this year just special?