SG yesterday at Plaza Inn...

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: SG yesterday at Plaza Inn...

Post by CBeilby » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:04 pm

darph nader wrote:IF,the wires are not cut 'too' far back,use butt connectors for a temporary fix.
I guess I could (they're right about the middle,) but even so, I'd still have to replace the battery, then drive the damn thing up to the shop once everything else is taken care of (there are other electrical things that need to be fixed as well.)

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:44 pm

CBeilby wrote:I guess I could (they're right about the middle,) but even so, I'd still have to replace the battery, then drive the damn thing up to the shop once everything else is taken care of (there are other electrical things that need to be fixed as well.)
The wires 'should' be color coded. The butt connectors are just a 'temp' fix. The best thing to do,would be to solder and shrink tube them. :cool:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:22 pm

darph nader wrote:The wires 'should' be color coded. The butt connectors are just a 'temp' fix. The best thing to do,would be to solder and shrink tube them. :cool:
Put the shrink tube on BEFORE soldering.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:26 pm

hobie16 wrote:Put the shrink tube on BEFORE soldering.
Well,yeah. That's pretty much a given. Sad to say,I've seen done the other way. Kinda. :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:50 pm

The trouble is, if I'm remembering correctly, there are at least two wires of the same color (yellow.) I'll have to look again to make sure, but if that's the case, I'm afraid I could make matters worse. If I'm wrong, hell, I could just solder and shrink tube them myself. However, that won't fix the issues with the intermittently working dome light, nor the non working tail lights (I don't know enough about working with auto wiring harness to do anything about those.) And replacing the broken passenger side lock is right out. As a result, the shop's probably the best option anyway.

At least I've got the DL reinstated today.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:12 am

Does anyone else here think that the term "Butt Connector" sounds wrong? :p:

BTW, Two Tranny Leaks Fixed $400.0:(
Found two of the engine mounts broken-another $200.00
ChaChing! :rolleyes:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:10 am

ktulu wrote:Ernie needs the support, plus he is a really good guy! He has the ktulu seal of approval! Plus the guy who started that FB group is really awesome. I mean, really awesome. I tell him that every day, and he still remains humble.
Yes, Ernie sure does need everyone's support (if this is your belief) Joining his Flag Retreat FB can only help. Strength in membership I believe. As far as the guy who was so kind & gave such great effort when he offered to host Ernie's Flag FB, I can't praise him enough! He calls Ernie at times to support him & help with computer issues. He goes out of his way to help others via E mail & responds at once with TXT. The guy does equate to Awsome! Wonderful! Brilliant! Fun! Quick! Witty! A great Mr. Mom too. :) Is humble in everyway & we all know "It's Hard To Be humble When You Are Perfect In Everyway." http://www.lyrics.com

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:20 am

DisneyMom wrote:Does anyone else here think that the term "Butt Connector" sounds wrong? :o:
Yep. I had to read 3 times. Then I saw who posted. :D: :D: :rolleyes:

C Beilby, take your car over to Wheeler's Garage. They are FANTASTIC! Have been in business for almost 70 yrs. Wheeler's is the only place we go to & trust. Not far from you. On 17th St. just past Flower on right. I swear they can fix anything. & they speak English!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:40 am

Main Streeter wrote:Yep. I had to read 3 times. Then I saw who posted. :D: :D: :rolleyes:

C Beilby, take your car over to Wheeler's Garage. They are FANTASTIC! Have been in business for almost 70 yrs. Wheeler's is the only place we go to & trust. Not far from you. On 17th St. just past Flower on right. I swear they can fix anything. & they speak English!
Actually, Main Streeter, I'll be able to solder these myself. As for other repairs, Saddleback Automotive #2 on Tustin just north of 17th has always been honest and fair in my experience.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:01 am

DisneyMom wrote:Does anyone else here think that the term "Butt Connector" sounds wrong? :p:

BTW, Two Tranny Leaks Fixed $400.0:(
Found two of the engine mounts broken-another $200.00
ChaChing! :rolleyes:
Wait, right after worrying about "Butt Connector" you throw out a term like "Tranny Leaks"??? :eek: :cool:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter