Insanity taken to a new level

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Insanity taken to a new level

Post by darph nader » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:32 am

hobie16 wrote:Only if he's on a military base. Off base they pay what civilians pay. The manager should have gotten his name and unit ID, and turned him in. Fraud is fraud and a little Article 15 action would be good for the scammer.
It's been a while,but when DM would rent something from us,they only paid 2% on the rental tax and 0% on sales tax. They had to have specific PO#s and stuff/like/that/there.

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:47 am

OMG, DL was over the top Sat. with guests who didn't feel they should pay Ca. State tax! :mad: Most were from Japan & would argue until I'd just cut it off. Wouldn't give them the satisfaction of calling lead or manager. There were others too who complained abt sales tax. Forgot where they were from cuz I didn't care. :rolleyes: Told every darn one who complained; "Please show me your BIA & N A Reservation Card # or you will pay Ca. sales tax." Sat. was beyond comprehension. English Language was rare. Drove me nuts. :banghead: Almost TXT darph to join me in a drink. ;) Ya, Main Street was bad!!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Main Streeter wrote: :banghead: Almost TXT darph to join me in a drink. ;) Ya, Main Street was bad!!
I was probably awake. :(
Oh Wait. I don't have the baker's camera. Would love to show the world a pic of MS having a drink. (Cokes don't count) :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:56 pm

hobie16 wrote:Told ya!
Yeah, I know you guys, ignore my whining. You know I've still got PDSS (Post Disney Sadness Syndrome)

bru

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Yesterday I worked. I sold over 276 turkey legs before lunch. When my breaker came, I locked up my money and made a dash for the break area.

Main Streeter,
My manager told me between my sift and the night crew, the cart made over $10,000. I did talk to Ernie and he said it was bad too. I did er by half an hour and took off to Starbucks. This evening was not to bad. I do have a beer next to me. I am drinking down this one slowly. Corona Extra 12 fl oz. I went to get chinese food tonight. :D:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:35 am

darph nader wrote:I was probably awake. :(
Oh Wait. I don't have the baker's camera. Would love to show the world a pic of MS having a drink. (Cokes don't count) :rolleyes:
Was 1 a.m. PDT so wasn't sure. TXT DLS CM instead as I knew he'd buy. :) Doubt you will ever video me drinking unless I'm in San Francisco, or toasting @ a ranch wedding. Told you I hate the taste, except for White Russians. Cokes & MacDonald's fruit smoothies sure do count!! Can drink & drive. :cool:

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:03 am

turkeyham wrote:Yesterday I worked. I sold over 276 turkey legs before lunch.

Main Streeter,
My manager told me between my sift and the night crew, the cart made over $10,000. I did talk to Ernie and he said it was bad too. I did er by half an hour and took off to Starbucks. This evening was not to bad.
We knew ODV sold tons of turkey legs. The smell was overwhelming on Main Street. Blah! 5 turkey legs were dropped on counters in China & PP. :turkleg: So messy to clean, & no I won't call Custodial. They have more important codes. I had Chuck on Main Street. Made me very happy. :) DLS never was sure of park count when I'd ask.

You ERed???? :eek: No lie? I just can't believe anyone could ER so early Sat. Maybe Frontier wasn't bad Sun. but we were slammed. Was tolerable Sun. because English was not a 3rd language. Hoping little rich teens are headed back to China by now. They were rude, loud, demanding & all spoiled. Have never had to deal with such stupidity. :evil: Guests from Mexico were just 1 notch below the China groups. Argue! Argue! Argue! :twisted:

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:37 pm

goofyjoe wrote:It's even worse here in Boston. I live on the slowest and most crowded trolley line in the city, and it passes by or through at least two major universities. The trains are barely handicap-accessible (though some stops are raised and some trains have low doors for level entry by people with mobility impairments).
Green Line ?

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Shorty82 wrote:I just asked a former driver this question to confirm what I thought. All Disney buses are equipped with either a lift or ramp (only older buses have lifts) though sometimes there might be a bus or two with a non-working lift.
Any you could not have asked the one who currently drives?

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:18 pm

Cranbiz wrote:Green Line ?
Not only the Green Line. The B Line. The worst line. The "I sometimes walk faster than this train" line. Disney Transportation puts it to shame.

As do Orlando cabs. I'm always amazed at how clean and comfortable the cabs are at Disney as compared to Boston. (Though, I'm sure Disney holds Mears' feet to the fire about that.)

Gawrsh, yah-huh!