Bathroom ?? for CM's

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Re: Bathroom ?? for CM's

Post by CptnSkippy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:34 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:..And don't forget making up some imagined problem with their room to get an "upgrade"
... and exaggerating or flat out lying to get GACs.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:48 pm

CptnSkippy wrote:... and exaggerating or flat out lying to get GACs.
THAT should be an "ejection" offense.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Ice Bear
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ice Bear » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:30 am

You know what makes me rally curl up my toes?
Many parents witch get a total free stay with the Wish Child Foundation that keep complaining that they get not a free stay at Disney.

Always whining and making look Disney black.
On of them even started a Twitter riot to damage Disney because Wish parents did not get a free account for the Fhotopass. ( They get a free camera from the Wish Foundantion)
Disney donates millions every year to this organization so talking about biting the hand that feeds you.

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by DragonFox98 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:04 am

giggles wrote:Oh I did see that and there was a thread on the other board shortly thereafter. It was very amusing and I was surprised to read about all the things that will get you a GAC card like having an ADHD child. I was in total shock when I read that and completely disgusted that someone would insist on GAC for that. How about making your snowflake wait in line and learn how to control themselves. I am a special education teacher and would never make such absurd accommodations for an ADHD child.
Let me just say....I didn't see that thread and I'm appalled! I have ADHD (yes...there is an adult version....you'll realize this when you meet me - I can barely stay on topic...) and my middle child (son) was (FINALLY!) diagnosed last year. He's on meds, it works out great. Now.

He was not on meds when we went at the end of last September. Yes, during the waits (even with fastpass), when we do have them, he fidgets and whines a little, but we try and keep him occupied and we do have handheld games like Yatzee and Connect4 to keep him busy, too. There were times when he had melt downs...that's not Disney's problem, that's mine. Melt downs and general figetiness do not nearly equal enough of an issue to get a GAC!

And I agree....falsifying info to get a GAC should be an ejectable offense!

Tinker Bell
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tinker Bell » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:12 am

Ice Bear wrote:You know what makes me rally curl up my toes?
Many parents witch get a total free stay with the Wish Child Foundation that keep complaining that they get not a free stay at Disney.

On of them even started a Twitter riot to damage Disney because Wish parents did not get a free account for the Fhotopass. ( They get a free camera from the Wish Foundantion)
Disney donates millions every year to this organization so talking about biting the hand that feeds you.
Ohhh, so this is where it comes from! I had a MAW family be VERY rude to my photographer when he asked if she had a Photopass. She kept on going on and on about how Universal gave free pictures and Disney didn't, then on how we were a bunch of inconsiderate... blah, blah, blah. I've heard this sort of thing before but never with the vitriol this woman used. She sort of ruined the moment for the child because it became hard to speak as she ranted on rather loudly. Very weird moment.

As for Sherry Sheppard and her statement... I wish I could say so many things...

acourtwdw
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by acourtwdw » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:40 am

I don't care what the sign on the door says. If it's not occupied and I have to go, I will use it. Just sayin'

Over 50 trips in sixteen years! Including DL, DLP and DCL!

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:22 am

acourtwdw wrote:I don't care what the sign on the door says. If it's not occupied and I have to go, I will use it. Just sayin'
While singing David Bowie's Under Pressure?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Ice Bear
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ice Bear » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:21 am

Sorry double post.

HotsyTotsyKids
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by HotsyTotsyKids » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Ice Bear wrote:You know what makes me rally curl up my toes?

A woman I know just got back from a MAW trip to WDW, US etc and she DID get a free photopass CD. Not sure if it varies from chapter to chapter, but I know for a fact she got hers for free from MAW.

giggles
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by giggles » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:30 pm

DragonFox98 wrote:Let me just say....I didn't see that thread and I'm appalled! I have ADHD (yes...there is an adult version....you'll realize this when you meet me - I can barely stay on topic...) and my middle child (son) was (FINALLY!) diagnosed last year. He's on meds, it works out great. Now.

He was not on meds when we went at the end of last September. Yes, during the waits (even with fastpass), when we do have them, he fidgets and whines a little, but we try and keep him occupied and we do have handheld games like Yatzee and Connect4 to keep him busy, too. There were times when he had melt downs...that's not Disney's problem, that's mine. Melt downs and general figetiness do not nearly equal enough of an issue to get a GAC!

And I agree....falsifying info to get a GAC should be an ejectable offense!
My 8 year old who does not have ADHD has exhibited both of these behaviors in WDW but on the crazy board there are few who would say her behavior indicates she is on the spectrum and needs a GAC.