to all flash photographers on rides...

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: to all flash photographers on rides...

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:44 am

hhsrat wrote:Metal Detector? We don't need no stinkin Metal Detector ;)
Metal detectors don't do much good anyway. So you know the metal is coming, big deal, it's not like you can do anything about it. You cannot kill the metal.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:46 pm

I was thinking the pirates could flash the SGs. :twisted: :eek: Read my last post a little more carefully.... ;)

the Cookieing Twiget
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by the Cookieing Twiget » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:07 am

Ugh. This reminds me of my friend who complained when she got back from her trip that she got "yelled at" for taking a flash photo on Haunted Mansion.

She said "Well I didn't do it around the holograms! I know the flash messes with those, but I don't see why I couldn't do it in the other parts of the ride!"

I tried explaining to her that it ruins the experience for other guests and that a bright light in the dark HURTS, but she just didn't get it.

The funny thing is that the flash pictures she took looked terrible. So it was really all in vain. D=

Hockey Ninja
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Hockey Ninja » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:05 pm

ktulu wrote: 2) the SG's who threw away the manual to their camera and have no clue how to turn the flash off.
This was my mom's problem. However, she at least put black electrical tape over the flash to take pictures inside rides. I've showed her over and over how to turn off the flash but she just doesn't get it. (She's the sort of person who wants pictures of everything, though. "Oooh, let me get your picture in front of this lamppost! Oooh, let me get your picture on this bench! Ooooh, let me get your picture with this palmetto bug!" Drives me nuts. My brother and I have planned the assassination of the camera many times, but have yet to be brave enough to follow through. Someday, that camera is going for a swim in World Showcase Lagoon.)

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:12 am

ktulu wrote:...the SG's who threw away the manual to their camera and have no clue how to turn the flash off.
There is this new invention...it's called the internet. I'd bet 1 park (of my choice) FP that every digital camera's manual is available on that new thing called the internet.

(not jumping on you. it's just that people are too lazy to go look. google is your friend)

Main Streeter wrote:It's always my fault.

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Flashers are jerks. They ruin everything in some rides, and besides, when they get home they're only going to discover that those pictures they took inside the "Gran Fiesta" are of blank screens... flash washes out the projection, twit.

8^S

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:38 pm

leftcoaster wrote:There is this new invention...it's called the internet. I'd bet 1 park (of my choice) FP that every digital camera's manual is available on that new thing called the internet.

(not jumping on you. it's just that people are too lazy to go look. google is your friend)
Um...Leftcoaster? You expect someone who can't figure out how to turn off the flash is going to be able to understand how to find their camera's manual on the internet? I wouldn't count on that!

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:40 pm

On most cameras turning the flash off is pretty simple. You press the button with a lightning bolt on it until a crossed out lightning bolt shows on the screen.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:42 pm

Shorty82 wrote:On most cameras turning the flash off is pretty simple. You press the button with a lightning bolt on it until a crossed out lightning bolt shows on the screen.
WHAT?,,,,,,and lose my powers as Thor??? :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Malpass93
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Malpass93 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:05 am

darph nader wrote:WHAT?,,,,,,and lose my powers as Thor??? :rolleyes:
Oh how iLol'd...

Maybe someday I'll be a CM...

Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, United Kingdom...