Missing the SGs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Missing the SGs

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:35 am

Lasolimu wrote:Only 2 bruises? Seems like you are doing well.
2 bruises are only for this week! :( Still lucky I guess. @ least CFA didn't have to come get me.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:38 pm

I've come to enjoy some SGs in a roundabout way. Not the ankle-smackers, flashers, etc. that directly impact my enjoyment but the ones where I can simply witness their sheer stupidity and consider it yet another form of Disney entertainment.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:24 pm

I have been to WDW countless times and I have to wonder why certain people get run into so often. I have never even gotten close to hit by a stroller. What am I doing different then the rest of you. If I could figure it out maybe I could bottle it and make a fortune.

:goofy: :goofy:

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:14 pm

I think it's more common if you're walking somewhere in a big crowd, like trying to leave after the fireworks and the stroller commandos think they can make you go faster by running you down. Other than those times, I can't say it's really a big issue for me. And I do know how to prevent it, even at those times. Learned it by accident one day when I was carrying my big umbrella with the pointy tip on a rainy day. Carry that thing pointing backwards and they won't come anywhere near you and risk getting Junior's eye poked out. Gotta protect him so he can grow up and sire more SGs, dontcha know.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:26 pm

Syndrome wrote:I've come to enjoy some SGs in a roundabout way. Not the ankle-smackers, flashers, etc. that directly impact my enjoyment but the ones where I can simply witness their sheer stupidity and consider it yet another form of Disney entertainment.
Perhaps ....
The SG is the latest Living Character Initiative addition from WDI. While still in alpha testing, these free roaming Audio Animatronic park guests are designed to provide humorous interactions for both guests and cast members. Unfortunately the project appears forever mired in testing phase, as Imagineers struggle to ensure the SGs behavior is humorous and entertaining. To date most of the test AAs, while incredibly lifelike in their appearance and actions, are proving to be selfish, disruptive, dangerous and obnoxious. Instead of adding to the visitors experience, they have become detrimental to it. Many visitors and CMs alike wonder if/when WDI will throw in the towel on the SG experiment. :twisted:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:28 am

delsdad wrote:Perhaps ....
To date most of the test AAs, while incredibly lifelike in their appearance and actions, are proving to be selfish, disruptive, dangerous and obnoxious.

:twisted:
Correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't that the 'perfect' definition of a SG??? :confused:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:24 pm

darph nader wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong,but isn't that the 'perfect' definition of a SG??? :confused:
They must be TOO lifelike then !

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:I have been to WDW countless times and I have to wonder why certain people get run into so often. I have never even gotten close to hit by a stroller. What am I doing different then the rest of you. If I could figure it out maybe I could bottle it and make a fortune.
Maybe you are walking faster. :cool: I didn't get hit by a stroller but instead by teenage wheelchair fakers who thought they'd get extra fun out of their wheelchair by weaving it back and forth until they hit my right lateral ankle.
Took me by surprise like a Great White Chomp. After I stopped and yelled in pain, they behaved for a whole 30 seconds and resumed the wild weaving.
Still have a scar. :mad:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Fitswimmer
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Fitswimmer » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:38 am

Goofyernmost wrote:I have been to WDW countless times and I have to wonder why certain people get run into so often. I have never even gotten close to hit by a stroller. What am I doing different then the rest of you. If I could figure it out maybe I could bottle it and make a fortune.
I've been hit a few times by SG's using them as battering rams, or pushing them forward while looking backward.

I would love to fall back and land on their little snowflake-but I really can't punish the kid because their parent is an SG.