Sign? What Sign?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Sign? What Sign?

Post by turkeyham » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:32 pm

Talk about signs.... On the turkey carts there is a food menu and prices.

Turkey Legs $8

Chimichungas $5.50

Asorted beverages $3

Chips $3

Butter& Salt Corn (OR) Chile-lime Corn $4.75

Ok, where does hot dogs, corn dogs, beer, cheese burgers and ice cream? I don't remember seeing that on a cart. I am still trying to find churros and cotton candy on a hot foods cart. :eek:

deathcomesarippin
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by deathcomesarippin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:59 am

I know this is random, but talking about those turky legs when ever I see a person walking around, mawing and ripping off meat from one of those things, it just looks barbaric to me haha

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:20 am

turkeyham wrote:Talk about signs.... On the turkey carts there is a food menu and prices.

Turkey Legs $8

Chimichungas $5.50

Asorted beverages $3

Chips $3

Butter& Salt Corn (OR) Chile-lime Corn $4.75

Ok, where does hot dogs, corn dogs, beer, cheese burgers and ice cream? I don't remember seeing that on a cart. I am still trying to find churros and cotton candy on a hot foods cart. :eek:
How about people coming into the Confectionery and asking if we have coffee or ice cream? The Confectionery is a CANDY STORE! We sell candy and things like that! Coffee and ice cream are available right up the street, at the Bakery and the Ice Cream Parlor respectively, where one would expect to find those things.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:35 am

deathcomesarippin wrote:I know this is random, but talking about those turky legs when ever I see a person walking around, mawing and ripping off meat from one of those things, it just looks barbaric to me haha
It was good enough for our ancient ancestors,we're just reverting back to our primeval roots. :D:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:00 am

On the turkey cart most of the time there is a food display showing SG what the food is.

Yesterday the SG wanted what was in the red wrapper and wanted to know if it was ice cream. Darn! I had no idea ice cream can hold together at 170 degrees. Sorry! Look at the display. Red wrapper = Chimichunga! Beef, Beans and Mild Red Sauce! White wrapper = Turkey Leg! It is not chocolate! Nor is it a hamburger! There is no bbq sauce on the cart. Mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, and mild hot sauce.

Ice cream and coffee - ice cream shop and coffee, that would be at a coffee shop.

Why is it that if the turkey cart is across the Golden Horseshoe, why do these SG think the turkey cart has funnel cakes, hand scooped ice cream and corn dogs? If there was a big sign next to the information board with all the food and prices, would the SG understand the concept?

disneyprincess1988
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyprincess1988 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:22 pm

deathcomesarippin wrote:I know this is random, but talking about those turky legs when ever I see a person walking around, mawing and ripping off meat from one of those things, it just looks barbaric to me haha
No I agree. It makes me want to gag too. I honestly can't understand how people can stomach those things.

For Narnia! And for Aslan!

:jasmine: :minnie: :bouncemic :skellingt :gonzo: :pepe:

All of my favorite Disney characters up above there. :p:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:31 pm

Goes to show people can't read anymore. Or are too lazy to do so. I once saw an older couple at a mall go up to a Hotdog On A Stick place and ask if they sold cokes there. Nope! Though another time, a lady who was either diabetic or hypoglycemic came up and asked if she could have a hotdog on a stick but without the cornmeal batter coating. When she explained why, the staff was happy to oblige. Now that's real customer service.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:24 pm

Shorty82 wrote:How about people coming into the Confectionery and asking if we have coffee or ice cream? The Confectionery is a CANDY STORE! We sell candy and things like that! Coffee and ice cream are available right up the street, at the Bakery and the Ice Cream Parlor respectively, where one would expect to find those things.
Out here in LA we have Kelly's Coffee and Fudge, they also have gelato (sorta like ice cream). We like one-stop carbohydrate shopping! :homer:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:24 pm

Barbaric, perhaps. But they are soooo good ! I had my first one in december. Actually, my wife, daughter and I shared one for dinner, in December. It was plenty for three of us.

Ive even found them available at our local supermarket. Does Disney prepare them on site? Or are they just reheated at Touluka Legs and the carts ?

deathcomesarippin
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by deathcomesarippin » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:38 am

darph nader wrote:It was good enough for our ancient ancestors,we're just reverting back to our primeval roots. :D:
And the way some people think at Theme parks, I dont think they have steped out of there primeval roots
delsdad wrote:Barbaric, perhaps. But they are soooo good ! I had my first one in december. Actually, my wife, daughter and I shared one for dinner, in December. It was plenty for three of us.

Ive even found them available at our local supermarket. Does Disney prepare them on site? Or are they just reheated at Touluka Legs and the carts ?
I have never had one it just dosent appeal to me, but seeing it feed a whole family ..damn.. it might be cheaper than buying three seprate meals haha