Diseased Children...Ugh!!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Diseased Children...Ugh!!

Post by Zazu » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:09 pm

PattyA wrote:Quiz time....

Where is it most likely AND most dangerous to pick up germs?
Team Disney? :hitfan:

Zazu

PattyA
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by PattyA » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:03 pm

:hi5:
Zazu wrote:Team Disney? :hitfan:
:gross:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:48 am

drcorey wrote:all CMs should use Airborne.
I priced Airborne & cannot afford it! :( Will go to work Fri. with bronchitis & by Sunday have pnuemonia. :twisted:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:34 am

darph nader wrote:Hey MS, you want to see pushing,shoving,and yelling. Come to my house on Thanksgiving. (and yes,you 'have' to watch the Lions game) :twisted:
I will be there. How are you going to explain a Stupid Guest coming over and plopping on your davenport?

I got dibs on the drumstick and now gluten please.

Morticia
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Morticia » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:43 pm

I know about the hospital as disease factory thing first hand. I went to the ER with a broken tailbone (what seems to be the trouble? I think I broke my tailbone. Have a seat. But, that's a different rant). I caught some kind of viral infection that made my recovery absolute hell. It's never made sense to me that you bring the injured to the same place you bring sick people. And don't even get me started on having babies born there.

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:16 pm

Main Streeter wrote:I priced Airborne & cannot afford it! :( Will go to work Fri. with bronchitis & by Sunday have pnuemonia. :twisted:
Wal-Mart has the best price on Airborne. Ralphs has it on sale for under 5 bucks right now. Trader Joe's usually has it for a good price too.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:38 am

Once when I was working at Knott's a woman came up to my ride and explained her kid was out of school that day due to chicken pox. I was thinking how could someone bring their kid to a theme park and spread their germs when they're supposed to be at home. I was also grateful I'd had chickenpox when I was seven. How anyone can enjoy themselves when they're scratching their rash--I speak from experience!--is beyond me. You can't use calamine lotion all over yourself; read the label, it's for small areas only. Take a baking soda bath would help, but in this case, they decided not to sit around at home all day, they decided that they were going to have some fun instead! And yes, I've gotten colds and sinusitis from kids who cough and sneeze without covering their mouths. And I remember being forced to operate rides with spiels despite having major laryngitis. I also remember one or two guests who wiped down the seat and sides of Huff'N'Puff before putting their kid in.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:28 am

Re: Chickenpox....
At the medical clinic I work at, a person with suspected chickenpox gets pulled into a negative pressure room immediately to avoid contaminating the whole clinic. If the person does have it, after we discharge them to home, the room is cleaned and then not used the rest of the day.....I wonder what the themeparks' policy is.....How STUPID to take a sick kid and not care who he exposed! I had a 20 year old friend get chickenpox many years ago, he was miserable with huge pustules all over....not to mention, he was isolated and unable to work. I am sure that for someone with poor immunity it could
be fatal (hopefully those with poor immunity do not expose themselves to crowds). :crowd:

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:04 pm

Re: Chicken Pox

I wonder if the parents wouldn't mind if a CM who had pustules all over him/her to be working, and of course, give their kids Chicken Pox?

I could just hear it now :rolleyes: "That CM over there looks sick! He has pustules all over him! Don't you care that he could spread whatever disease he has onto my children?"

"Ma'am, he has Chicken Pox. At least your kids will get it early and then you won't have to worry about it."

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:16 am

Thank you for your responses as I feel the same way. One cold let alone a major illness like measles, mumps, whooping cough or chicken pox would put me out of commission for a month or more. I cannot be down for a day as I recently got sick and sill am not caught up on many chores.