Found a nice note for SGT.com

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
PattyA
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Found a nice note for SGT.com

Post by PattyA » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:39 pm

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=ms041105ms

Please Leave Your Brain at the Gate
That phrase is the subtitle of the Web site Stupidguesttricks.com (link) and that's exactly what it's all about: things that guests do that make you go “Hmm?"
In August, a cast member friend of mine mentioned this Web site. Upon my first visit I found the content to be amusing, fascinating, and even troublesome.
The site is basically a forum for mostly cast members who describe some of the things they see in the course of their jobs. I think you will be amazed as to what some guests do when visiting one of the WDW theme parks.
For instance, attractions like Splash Mountain and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror have points in the ride where photos are taken. If you've ever gone to look for your photo and never found it there's a good reason for its absence. If a guest did something “un-Disneylike” then that photo was probably discarded. Use your imagination.
I'm sure you've all been in an attraction where flash photography is not allowed, yet someone always ends up snapping away. This forum talks about how some of the cast member deal with these “flashers” and gives a greater appreciation for what they do in their job.
Imagine you are a cast member and a guest comes up to you and asks where the Star Trek ride is or in which direction they will find the Limo Ride. Yes, cast member hear many names for attractions and hopefully they know what the guest is looking for when they hear the name of the attraction.
The name game doesn't stop with attractions. This forum also recaps some guests who really have no knowledge of some characters. Some do not know the difference between Pluto and Goofy. Then there's the problem when Chip and Dale are mistaken for Alvin and the Chipmunks.
Of course there are the not so funny episodes where guests do things to endanger themselves, other guests, cast members, and even the theme parks. Would you believe guests who smoke on the Walt Disney World Express, stand up while riding the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, or stuff tissue paper into their childrenÕs shoes in full view of cast members so that their children will meet height requirements.
Finally there are those neither so pleasant nor funny moments when a guest angrily confronts a cast member. Such stories will give you a higher appreciation for what WDW cast members go through.
I think that everyone who is planning a trip to Walt Disney World should visit the Web site (link) and become educated in the area of theme park etiquette.
These three sites have a little bit for everyone and my hope is that someone out there reading these words will benefit from this information.
Next time
It's that time of year when Walt Disney World gets ready for the holidays. We'll discuss what's in store for guests this upcoming holiday season as they visit Mickey and the gang.
Right here is where I'd say, “Class dismissed.” That has gotten old and it just doesn't ring right so from now on we we'll part with the words from a parade that use to grace Main Street U.S.A.:
Remember the Magic!

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Found a nice note for SGT.com

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:42 am

Yay, some credentials from another website!! We are getting popular!! LOL

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:24 am

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:Yay, some credentials from another website!! We are getting popular!! LOL
Except that was published back in November of 2004. In fact, it was that article, among other things, that led me to SGT.com

Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Purpura » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:27 am

The link they have at Mouseplanet is a misspelled one, and it leads to another website altogether. The link they have is for a "Stupidguestricks not Stupidguesttricks..." The first one has something about card tricks on it.

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:29 am

CBeilby wrote:Except that was published back in November of 2004
Thank you CB. :) I knew I'd seen this a long time ago. No matter the date, mouseplanet got it right! SGT site is exactly what it's all about. :star:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:42 am

Main Streeter wrote:Thank you CB. :) I knew I'd seen this a long time ago. No matter the date, mouseplanet got it right! SGT site is exactly what it's all about. :star:
And then there were all the offended passholes who came, read the site, and went ballastic on the other forums...

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:21 pm

CBeilby wrote:And then there were all the offended passholes who came, read the site, and went ballastic on the other forums...
What have the ANAL Passholes said about us???

Attractions:

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:43 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:What have the ANAL Passholes said about us???
Mind you, this was two years ago, and I can't find the thread any more, but over on Intercot West, someone posted a link to the site, and was absolutely outraged at the site, unable to believe that cast members have the nerve to feel this way about stupid guests. The thing is that Intercot has a number of cast members, and those of us who were there quickly took them down a few pegs, by reminding them that this was a site for CMs to vent and get things off our chests.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:55 pm

O k, thanks!! I was afried they might say something bad about us posters here at SGT.

Attractions:

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks

PattyA
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by PattyA » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:58 pm

I say you guys rock, no matter what year it is! ;)

I think more of "them" should come here and read what they should NOT do when they travel.(Or live,breathe, commute)

SGT is the one I keep coming back too, because I personally know your frustrations with consumers.