Fast Pass Question

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Amanda25
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Fast Pass Question

Post by Amanda25 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:22 am

So what do the CM's say? Can you or can't you use a late FP? I heard(can't say where from) that the official ruling is that you can, in the same day of course and as long as the attraction is running smoothly. This from a source you talked to attraction managers, or something.

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Fast Pass Question

Post by ThunderCat » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:32 pm

Amanda25 wrote:So what do the CM's say? Can you or can't you use a late FP? I heard(can't say where from) that the official ruling is that you can, in the same day of course and as long as the attraction is running smoothly. This from a source you talked to attraction managers, or something.
Same day, absolutely. Stuff happens; reservations run late, the kids wanted to go on a ride you were walking past, your credit card got eaten by the ATM, whatever. It's cool. We understand.

Next day, iffy. You might have to hope for a kind-hearted CM to let you in.

Eight years later: You can and will be laughed at. And we'll take your expired fastpasses and show them to everyone in the breakroom.

(Yes, I've actually had guests try to use FastPasses from 1999.)

Amanda25
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Amanda25 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:30 am

[quote="ThunderCat"]Same day, absolutely. Stuff happens]

:eek: Eight years later? LOL! Who would have the guts to try something like that. I wouldn't even consider using a day late FP. But we have run late for our fastpasses before and never had a problem using them. Except once, but once he left his post we tried agian with the new guy and he was a sweet as can be.

idratherbeinwdw
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by idratherbeinwdw » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:43 pm

Not to be smarmy, and of course I would never do this (cough cough) but I know many folks who use old fast passes and not once have any of them been stopped. Not one, not ever. Seems cms don't look at the date, only the time. Maybe you do Thundercat, but you're the exception.

So you may be laughing in the back room now and then, but for the most part it's the guest that's laughing. Sorry.

[font=Comic Sans MS]Mar' (It's short for Marilyn)[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][font=Comic Sans MS]First WDW Trip 1973, Last Trip 4/11, Next Trip 10/11[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up, Not Me![/font]Image
[/font]