Heelies

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Heelies

Post by Purpura » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:20 pm

I saw a little girl and her father- and the girl had heelies- I believe she nearly skidded into something, but Dad had a hold of her hand so she didn't hurt herself. I made a quiet comment to Dad, that somehow she should have her wheels removed. He agreed and said he would.

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

kickman77
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by kickman77 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:48 am

Over at LMA only a couple of us ask kids to stop skating and I have gotten to the point that as I catch them I make them sit on the ground and take the darn wheels out. trust me a lot of stairs, 500 people and skates do not MIX at all. But hey it trains these kids to be stunt men if they make it all the way down the stairs LOL

[font=Palatino Linotype]

Can you find me at Disney... If you do i can make you smile :D[/font]

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:17 am

CBeilby wrote:Not sure about WDW, but DL's official view (albeit never enforced by the majority of cast members) is that they are strictly NOT allowed in the park.
I 'tried' to bring up this point to my superviser last week to take to the loss prevention meeting. He told me "That would be 'discrimination'". (darph gives 'blank stare'). My reply was " Would you let someone ride on roller-skates,or a skateboard through the store"? :eek: He replied back "Welll,no". Case closed! :cool:

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:55 am

Discrimination against who? Dee dee dees?

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Scott45
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Scott45 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:56 pm

Well I had the pleasure of seeing a 11 year old kid run smack into the wall at the exit to Soaring 2 weeks ago. His Mom was horrified then put out as I looked him over head to toe, shook my head slowly and loudly proclaimed "Dumbass" as I walked away.

Scott45
:D:

Main_Street_Merch
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Main_Street_Merch » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:38 pm

Watched a kid eat floor in Tusker House today. Rolling right over the tile and hit a plastic knife that someone had dropped. Went down face first. Kid went into hysterics, mom went into hysterics. :rolleyes:

Some people shouldn't breed.

Former: MK & Studios Guest Relations, Pirate's League Opening Team, MK, Studios, & DAK Events, Dream Squad, Entertainment, Typhoon Deep Lifeguard, Africa Ops: WLE and KSR, Main Street East Merch.
Briefly: Disneyland Cast Activities.

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:16 am

kickman77 wrote:Over at LMA only a couple of us ask kids to stop skating and I have gotten to the point that as I catch them I make them sit on the ground and take the darn wheels out. trust me a lot of stairs, 500 people and skates do not MIX at all. But hey it trains these kids to be stunt men if they make it all the way down the stairs LOL
Dude. I'd pay to see them try and make it.

It's that or if (when it happens actually) they have to stop the show for a moment, bring the kids in and let them try to do some jump over the ramps.

They'd never make it but it'd be funny.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

kickman77
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by kickman77 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:23 am

I have been suggesting that for months but to no avail. But hey Remote Controlled Cars have made it over the ramps, why not a kid in heelies. Or as i like to call them HELLIES

[font=Palatino Linotype]

Can you find me at Disney... If you do i can make you smile :D[/font]

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:37 am

Syndrome wrote:Discrimination against who? Dee dee dees?
Hence,the blank stare. We're not talking about someone who needs a wheelchair. They are sure taking the 'prevent' out of loss prevention. :(

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:07 pm

darph nader wrote:Hence,the blank stare. We're not talking about someone who needs a wheelchair. They are sure taking the 'prevent' out of loss prevention. :(
Wait until some kid knocks down an old lady and she breaks a hip, then instead of suing the kid's parents for being stupid, she'll sue Disney. They'll settle, and after a few of these they might actually start enforcing the rules.