a question of ettiquite

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
TowerO
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

a question of ettiquite

Post by TowerO » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:34 pm

so I was sorting through some old boxes yesterday and came across my nametag from when I was a CM a few years ago. Of course I'd never wear it into the parks as a guest, but I thought it might be fun to wear it when I run the WDW marathon in a few weeks - does that seem appropriate? :confused:

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: a question of ettiquite

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:16 pm

Probably a bit tacky.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:20 pm

Why not? Who would care? I mean if it makes you 'proud' enough,bfd. I finally got work shirts that say "Security" on them. Then I find out,unless you work at the main wharehouse,we're 'not' supposed to wear them out on the showroom floor. I still wear them 'sometimes' b/c they don't have shirts that say "Loss Prevention".

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:36 pm

TowerO wrote:I ... and came across my nametag from when I was a CM.... I'd never wear it into the parks as a guest, but I thought it might be fun to wear it when I run the WDW marathon in a few weeks - does that seem appropriate? :confused:
I think it would be *highly* appropriate, but then I never 86ed Santa from the Magic Kingdom, either.

Be aware that uptight managers may very well inform you that you cannot wear the nametag in this situation, as it is in violation of policy. Some may even confiscate the pin, claiming it's Company property, when you reveal that you are no longer on cast.

I hope I'm just imagining trouble, but eight years with the Company has given me a particular talent for just this sort of imagination. :cool:

Zazu

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:55 am

TowerO wrote:I thought it might be fun to wear it when I run the WDW marathon in a few weeks - does that seem appropriate? :confused:

"Seems logical" but Zazu is correct name tag is/was company property. Management can't be trusted on either coast as there are so many issues these days. :rolleyes: If your name tag has sentimental value - don't wear it! Enjoy the marathon wise & stress free. Good Luck! :)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

tacoboy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tacoboy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:47 pm

I'd say its a good idea but keep in mind, you may get asked a question or two by some stupid guests. Heck, I've been asked if i work there even even if I am in full uniform! :confused:

"Do human beings realize life as they live it? Every... every minute?"

"No. Walt Disney, maybe, but that's about it."

Yeti Chaser
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Yeti Chaser » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:46 pm

tacoboy wrote: Heck, I've been asked if i work there even even if I am in full uniform! :confused:
It's off to sacrifice you to the Yeti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't wear uniforms, They are costumes :p:

[font=Comic Sans MS]NAMASTE[/font]

tacoboy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tacoboy » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:25 pm

Yeti Chaser wrote:It's off to sacrifice you to the Yeti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't wear uniforms, They are costumes :p:
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am ever so sorry!
FORGIVE ME!!!

(the actual explanation for my slip is that i haven't been posting here as often and I forgot my disney speak. But at least i used the term "cash wrap" instead of register in one of my other posts! ;) )

:D:

"Do human beings realize life as they live it? Every... every minute?"

"No. Walt Disney, maybe, but that's about it."

TowerO
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by TowerO » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:36 pm

cool, that's kinda what I was figuring - it would probably cause chaffing anyways. on another note, are thursday and monday still CM nights at PI? what about jellyrolls? :banana:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:27 pm

Yeti Chaser wrote:We don't wear uniforms, They are costumes :p:
They're only costumes backstage. On stage it's a bit different.

I once had to correct a guest on Main Street who said I was wearing a nice costume.

"No, this is my uniform." I explained, "I am a Conductor on the Walt Disney World Railroad, and railroad management requires me to wear this uniform to insure that I have a professional appearance and can be instantly recognized by our passengers."
:locomotiv

And in my most dismissive tone, I opined that, "Costumes are for actors!"
:sparky:

Zazu