Question for DL CM's: have the new nametags been issued yet?

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Question for DL CM's: have the new nametags been issued yet?

Post by BirdMom » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:17 am

Yah, according to the Line I saw, the new tags are supposed to start being worn 10/1, if you didn't get your hometown info on to the proper page online in time, your tag will read Anaheim. So the 60% guess may not be that far off???

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:23 pm

BirdMom wrote:Yah, according to the Line I saw, the new tags are supposed to start being worn 10/1

BirdMom, after you mentioned The Line I checked & yes, this is where I saw my info! Was in CRG also but not in white insert as I stated. Insert was all abt the Marathon. Hmm, my credibility is crumbling fast. :eek: PirateJohn, where's your digital? Egg on my face again. :sparky:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:17 am

Main Streeter wrote: Hmm, my credibility is crumbling fast. :eek:
How credible is any hourly when managers cave on (supposedly) hard and fast policies and procedures? :rolleyes:

Not to worry, you're still the big Kahuna of Main Street...

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

Yeti Chaser
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Yeti Chaser » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:06 pm

Got my new name tag today. Cannot start wearing it until 10/1. The new name tags look much better than the old 50th Anniversary and it looks like they won't smear either. Really like the home town back on the tag

[font=Comic Sans MS]NAMASTE[/font]

bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bpgstudios » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:21 am

I heard they don't hold up in the rain though which is interesting. They're not as "engraved" as the old ones though, it seems that the white layer is just stamped with the name and hometown cutting through the white to the blue (It actually looks scratched off). I think their a bit bigger than the old ones too. Cant wait to start wearing mine on Oct. 1!

BTW: Do they still give out the "We're 35 today!" buttons on the parks anniversary to all working CMs?

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:29 pm

bpgstudios wrote:I heard they don't hold up in the rain though which is interesting. They're not as "engraved" as the old ones though, it seems that the white layer is just stamped with the name and hometown cutting through the white to the blue (It actually looks scratched off). I think their a bit bigger than the old ones too. Cant wait to start wearing mine on Oct. 1!

BTW: Do they still give out the "We're 35 today!" buttons on the parks anniversary to all working CMs?
Seeing as how we're not supposed to start wearing them 'til October 1 (unless we're part of the "Dream Team", that is), how would anyone know how they'll hold up in the rain?

You are quite right in that the new 'tags are slightly larger than the old ones. The old ones were 2 11/16" x 2", while the New 'tags are 2 3/4" x 2 1/8". As far as not being as "engraved" - I disagree. The new 'tags are considerably bolder and easier to read than the old ones. As for the composition of the tag itself - well, yes, that's how they're made. The 'tags consist of a layer of blue ABS plastic covered by a very thin layer of white ABS plastic (or, depending on the material supplier, paint). A computer-controlled rotary engraver cuts through the white layer to reveal the blue layer beneath.

The 35th Anniversary Buttons will be issued the week of October 1, and CMs may wear them on the right-hand side of their costume from October 1 through 7.

//once a sign nerd, always a sign nerd...

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:35 pm

There doesn't seem to be any size difference, to me at least, between the new Disneyland Resort name tag and the old one. I put them on top of each other, and they seem to be a perfect match.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:42 pm

Man, I wish our Knott's nametags said stuff on it like that. It just says our names. Bleh.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:39 am

Alyssa3467 wrote:I put them on top of each other, and they seem to be a perfect match.
You got a new name tag? :confused: Blah!! We were told ours would be given out the 29th. Guess DCA trusts CMs more than Main Street does. :( Darn, I want mine!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

pixiedust
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pixiedust » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:52 am

From what I have heard, in our dept. at least, the tags have arrived. The wait is because our managers are doing a last run through of the hometowns, and anyone's that got through with an obviously fake hometown name, and is noticed now, is getting it sent back and replaced with an "Anaheim" tag.

"'Tis easy enough to be pleasant, when life flows along like a song;
But the man worth while is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong."

-Ella Wheeler Wilcox