Rainy Day Issues

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Rainy Day Issues

Post by bpgstudios » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:58 pm

Has anyone else been personally asked for a refund when it rains? "Can YOU give me a refund on my ticket because we just got here and its raining! We can't do anything! Im not walking all the way back to the front of the park to go to city hall!" Uhh...Magic Kingdom is probably one of the best parks to be at when it rains next to the studios. Plus if you JUST got here, its your fault for not noticing the HUGE grey gloud hovering over the park. Oh yes, and I can't refund you. Have a nice (and wet) day!

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?

EpcotGolfer
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by EpcotGolfer » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:12 pm

bpgstudios wrote:Has anyone else been personally asked for a refund when it rains? "Can YOU give me a refund on my ticket because we just got here and its raining! We can't do anything! Im not walking all the way back to the front of the park to go to city hall!" Uhh...Magic Kingdom is probably one of the best parks to be at when it rains next to the studios. Plus if you JUST got here, its your fault for not noticing the HUGE grey gloud hovering over the park. Oh yes, and I can't refund you. Have a nice (and wet) day!
Next to the Studios?? Please!! Half our stuff goes 101 during any serious rain/lightning storm, and virtually all of our character locations are outside too. The best park for staying dry during rain is Epcot, followed by MK and then maybe Studios.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:34 pm

Instead of the old "You're not so sweet that you'd melt" that my mother said to me when as a kid I complained about rain, I've started reminding my kids that "It's water not acid so it will not hurt you. Wait a sec and it will dry" If more people took that attitude we'd all be better off.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:09 pm

I remember my first trip to WDW. It was in February and there was a monsoon every day for about half an hour. We didn't mind because we understand that rain won't hurt you. By the end of the trip we were used to it and planned something indoors for the time we knew it would rain.

Ho-say
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Ho-say » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:30 am

bpgstudios wrote:Has anyone else been personally asked for a refund when it rains?
Yep, sure have. It was Christmas day a couple years ago and a guest came up to me at Guest Services and said that they wanted a refund because it rained all day on Christmas day while they were in Epcot.

Dang it, I knew I forgot to hit the button to put up the magical biosphere over the entire Resort before I went onstage that morning.... :cool:

I know it's not as much fun to visit the parks in the rain, but the fact remains that they are open, most attractions are up and running and there is still plenty to do.

I mean, heck, the first time I went to Disneyland a few years back, it literally rained the entire 3 days I was there to visit the park. Did I go up to GR and demand a refund? Um, no...because there's still plenty to do..I was just soggy throughout the process ;)

Crystal2485
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Crystal2485 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:51 am

Has anyone been in Cosmic Rays while its downpouring? Its insane!!! for some strange reason the guests feel the need to sit their families down in the middle of the floor when there is room up against the wall. i asked if we were allowed to ask them to relocate because it was dangerous for them and other guests and i was told no. does anyone else see this as a safety issue? i also love when we are trying to keep the floors dry and guests will stare at us and not move a muscle when they are right in the way. also it sucks to have tray duty while its raining. try pullin a cart through a ton of people when its hard enough to try and walk through them. i was on topping bar one day and it was lightning bad out i kept jumping evertyime it flashed i was unintentionally keeping the guests entertained, they kept laughin at me.

disneygeek
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by disneygeek » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:21 am

CoffeeGirl wrote:Since I'm in Merchandise I just have to deal with the pushy, unhappy, sometimes violent, extremely picky Guests who want Ponchos and do not want to wait in line for them, do not understand that I have them behind the counter and they are not out in the shop, or who yell at me because I'm being pulled in a million directions trying to run the store and sell them ponchos.... ah, I love the rain :rolleyes:
Gee. I just stood in the POTC gift shop and watched the rain come down. (Someone on youtube.com actually posted footage of a rainstorm, from the POTC plaza, in August of 2005 (which was when we went). It's really weird to see something you remember from someone else's vantagepoint! :cool:

Moonliner
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Moonliner » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:54 am

I always told my kids, "People pay good money to get this soaked at 'Wet N' Wild'!" We loved the rain, as it forced us to slow down a little, and cleared out just enough guests to make walking around a little easier.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:56 am

Crystal2485 wrote:Has anyone been in Cosmic Rays while its downpouring? Its insane!!! for some strange reason the guests feel the need to sit their families down in the middle of the floor when there is room up against the wall. i asked if we were allowed to ask them to relocate because it was dangerous for them and other guests and i was told no. does anyone else see this as a safety issue? i also love when we are trying to keep the floors dry and guests will stare at us and not move a muscle when they are right in the way. also it sucks to have tray duty while its raining. try pullin a cart through a ton of people when its hard enough to try and walk through them. i was on topping bar one day and it was lightning bad out i kept jumping evertyime it flashed i was unintentionally keeping the guests entertained, they kept laughin at me.
Yikes. That brings back some bad memories. My family and I ate at Cosmic Ray's for lunch on a wet day on our last trip, and it was packed to the gills. No one sitting on the floor that I recall, but we never did get a table inside. (And after 20+ minutes of trying, I really came to dislike Sonny Eclipse!) We ended up eating at one of the outside tables, and it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. It's one of those memories we laugh at now, but it wasn't fun at the time.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Morticia
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Morticia » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:08 am

All this rain talk has brought back one of my favourite memories of MK. We were in Adventureland and the skies opened up, and there was thunder, lightning and a torrential downpour. Within seconds I was soaked to the skin. Since it was warm, I started laughing because it just seemed so funny to look like a drowned rat in the middle of Disney World. To make it perfect, my son suggested that a thunderstorm would be a perfect time to ride Haunted Mansion. That's my boy!