funniest thing you have seen on rides..

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
RidePhoto101
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: funniest thing you have seen on rides..

Post by RidePhoto101 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:27 am

Main Streeter wrote:You were @ ToT cam today....right? ]

Ride photo is definately an interesting job to say the least. You never know what you are going to see or when you are going to see it. Working at Cedar Point (Millennium Force Photo) is a little different than the "cushy" hours and air conditioning of Disney. The 70 hour weeks and no air conditioning for 15 hour days tends to wear on you after a while. Needless to say people that were supposed to be scanning photos weren't always doing what they were supposed to and things tend to slip through.

During my season in ride photo, we had everything from the usual fingers and flashers to the very odd. Probably the goriest photo we had was when a teenage girl hit a goose at 93mph. Needless to say it did some damage to her as well as to the goose. Nothing like a little blood splatter to make you want to lose your lunch right after your break.

The oddest photos, however, had to be these two college guys who would come to the park about once a month and do something different every time. It started with just playing cards, which is clever on a coaster that goes 93mph, but as the summer went on, they got increasingly more creative.

In the second photo, they posed as if they were playing chess. They managed to sneak a cardboard chess set under their shirts onto the ride and super-glued a few pieces on the board as they went up the lift.

Their most creative pose came later in the season, when one of them decided to attempt to shave on the ride. He snuck a travel-sized can of shaving cream onto the ride and put it on while he was going up the lift. He even planned ahead and actually removed the blades from a razor and used it on the ride. It actually looked as if he was shaving on one of the fastest coasters on the planet. We kept that photo on display for several weeks until management made us remove it because it violated the no loose articles policy on the ride.

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:57 pm

RidePhoto101 wrote:Working at Cedar Point (Millennium Force Photo) is a little different than the "cushy" hours and air conditioning of Disney. The 70 hour weeks and no air conditioning for 15 hour days tends to wear on you after a while.
Actually it doesn't sound too different at all, as many of us here can certainly attest to.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:17 pm

When the log ride at Knott's has few people riding I could ride alone. Once I laid all the way back so only my fat midriff was visible. I had on dark clothes at the time. When I got off I went to the picture booth and pointed out that I did not show up in the picture. For a few minutes this guy really believed that the picture did not show me. Like there is the boat where is the people, lol.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:46 am

mechurchlady wrote:Once I laid all the way back so only my fat midriff was visible.
Isn't this a safety issue? :eek: Never worked Knotts. Sure would protect photo if at D L or DCA. Security would be called for unsafe acts on ride also. Just asking. Not judging.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:46 am

You obvious do not know Knott's that well, lol. We used to ride on the stage coach with no seat belts. Just a little tiny rail to keep you from falling. That was before some idiot changed the stage coach so it did not circle in a loop at the ride's start. That person in charge should be shot and left in front of an on coming stage coach. It is almost impossible to park a stagecoach let alone to get a team of horses to safely back up and get close enough to the loading ramp.

I triple boysenberry dare you to call security on me for sleeping in the log ride at Knutt's Berry Farm.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:35 am

mechurchlady wrote:You obvious do not know Knott's that well, lol.>I triple boysenberry dare you to call security on me for sleeping in the log ride at Knutt's Berry Farm.
As an O C native I'm very familiar with Knotts Berry Farm. My Mother was D L Choir Director so of course more of my childhood was spent at D L roaming & playing freely in the park. Excuse me, why would I want to call Knotts' Security concerning your prank? :confused: My point was when CMs at D L, DCA spot unsafe behavior as we monitor attractions on screen we must notify security - if only for the guest's safety. We've seen too many 101s due to unsafe behavior. :mad: Now if you wanna triple dare me with raspberry or strawberry....yum. :)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Kwahati » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:06 am

Main Streeter wrote: Now if you wanna triple dare me with raspberry or strawberry....yum. :)
Just watched Monsters Inc. for about the millionth time, so I'm kinda partial to lingonberry! (With the adorable [abominable] snowman in the cave...ah forget it--it's probably only funny to me anyway...)

But about posing for pictures on rides: I like posing with my friends (hopefully in an entirely safe manner) just to amuse the people who screen/sell the pics. I've got one where my best friend and I are both trying to look terribly bored and unimpressed on Splash at WDW. I think splash at WDW takes your pic a little later than at DL because we were both waiting for the flash (it was at night) and our expressions are much more 'oh shit we've dropped a long way already' rather than bored. I also have one from California Screamin' where my cousins are in the front of a car both checking their watches and I'm in the back with a park map spread out (looking like I'm planning where to go next). We thought it was terribly funny, and so did the CM who sold it to us...I'm guessing, though, that it's not safe because I got yelled at on the RnR for trying to get the same picture with a couple of other friends (I had the map in my hand and they stopped the ride before launch to come yell at me...I'm thinking probably because of the 'loose articles' rule mentioned earlier by another poster. And to clarify: I didn't know that rule, I'm sorry to CM's and any guests inconvenienced by my [momentary] stupidity, and I won't do it again.)

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:22 pm

Main Street please realise I am joking. I did not really intend for you to go to security and report me lol. I have been on enough rides to have seen those "101" because of stupid guests. Last time I was on Pirates in DLR, I got drenched by people who were having water fights, splashing and standing.

As for the map, it could be because of the no loose items rule. A map may not seem serious but if it gets in the water it can clog up stuff. I have been on RnR just as it is on the last drop but was hanging there for about 10 to 15 minutes. Not a good position.

I think the Train Robbers at Knott's would be cool because I would watch guest hand over money and stuff to them. The worst place to nap in parks is Tom Sawyer Island caves which used to smell like a urinal. Back at the 25th anniversary all night party I tried sleeping there but whoa smell.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:27 am

I used to be a conductor on the Calico Railroad at Knott's, and believe me, you could get some idiots on that train that would harass the bandits. They've been beaten up, given the finger, cussed at (by kids, no less), and one genius even pulled a knife on a bandit. Then there was the time an elderly Dutch couple got on board, and when the bandits did their walk-through, the man jumped up and grabbed one of the bandits and gave him a rabbit punch on the back of the neck. Security was called, but they didn't speak much English, so whether Knott's had to go through their files to see if there were any fluent Dutch speakers among the employees, or if they had to use a translation service, I don't know. And the female bandits would get sexually harrassed (once, one had a lesbian come on to her!), pinched in the butt, etc.. And of course both the bandits and conductors would have the teenagers who thought it was terribly funny to trip us as we went through the train. (I should've strangled those little turds, let them see how "funny" it is to get their rotten little necks wrung....).
BTW, mechurchlady, that's a cute dragon you have for your sig....

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Kwahati » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:38 am

felinefan wrote:BTW, mechurchlady, that's a cute dragon you have for your sig....
*Borrows soapbox from whoever had it last*
That's not just 'a cute dragon!' He's Figment! The wonderful, loveable creation who serves as both teacher and guide in the Imagination pavillion at Epcot! He's not just a trademarked little pink and purple cartoon character, but educater of millions of SG's through the years!
*Returns soapbox to it's previous location*
So yeah, I guess I agree: cute dragon churchy! :p: