Can I be rehired?

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
kelli giorgio
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Can I be rehired?

Post by kelli giorgio » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:20 pm

I am a former college programmer who had to quit suddenly do to a BAD roomate situation( my roomy was stealing toliet paper from her custodial job at AK and the rest of us roommates were accused of being in on it) and an illness at home. I regret having to leave there and would like to know if I am considered rehirable as a full time cast member. Does anyone know the rules on that?

WLStephanie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Can I be rehired?

Post by WLStephanie » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:52 pm

kelli giorgio wrote:I am a former college programmer who had to quit suddenly do to a BAD roomate situation (my roomy was stealing toliet paper from her custodial job at AK and the rest of us roommates were accused of being in on it) and an illness at home. I regret having to leave there and would like to know if I am considered rehirable as a full time cast member. Does anyone know the rules on that?
I think they tell you if you achieve no-hire status when you leave. The only way that I know of to be sure is to call casting and ask. A recruiter should be able to pull your actual file and let you know. Hope this helps. :p:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:57 am

This is so sad. When someone has to steal "TP" to get by. GEEZE, I'm sure you all make WAY too much $$$ to have to stoop to that. :eek:

Of course the only recourse i can think of is to tell the powers that be,"Yes I/WE took this job to steal TP". :rolleyes:

btw, where do you hide the toothpaste??

Jedi
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Jedi » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:05 am

I think you can be rehired. They appear to be hiring all sorts of people I think out of desparation. If they have you on a no re-hire status I believe not but maybe check at TDA to see if you can get rehired. It is always worth a try.

Is this Tomorrowland? No! We sell Star Wars toys because we are in Adventureland!!

Jedi
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Jedi » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:07 am

Sorry, I did not realize you had worked in Florida. I am tired, it's late. I posted my reply before I realized where you originally worked. My bad.

Is this Tomorrowland? No! We sell Star Wars toys because we are in Adventureland!!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:01 am

Jedi wrote:Sorry, I did not realize you had worked in Florida. I am tired, it's late. I posted my reply before I realized where you originally worked. My bad.
No bad at all. WDW has about 5000 open positions last I checked.

*Please* come on down! Some roles are working manditory 6.5 day weeks! That's one day off every other week. Yeah, it really is that bad.

Zazu

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:54 am

Call Casting & ask to view your file. If you live too far to view file call Casting & ask them your question. Casting will usually call you back the next day. I'd think you could easily explain this TP issue + the family illness would not be cause for no rehire status. Try it! Good Luck. :)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:44 pm

There have been rumors here at WDW if you have had a No Rehire Status, based on the length of the Status or how long its been you can reapply and can get rehired...lose alll senority. Call and check it out you never know

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker: