Stupid Radio Tricks

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
tskbf2005
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Stupid Radio Tricks

Post by tskbf2005 » Tue May 09, 2006 9:56 pm

nitro-junkie wrote:Old hat, but still...I always enjoyed being in the men's room and answering calls regarding my 10-20 with a loud flush of the toilet. Eventually this became SOP in Show Services for anyone with a radio.
at knott's ride department every morning at about 9:45 am some one will have a roaster crow over the radio on our channel :D:

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue May 09, 2006 10:16 pm

Hahaha, that's funny!!!

I heard when a monorail CM was spiel on the radio, by accident, when he should be spieling to the monorail cabin and next time you heard was "Control copies!" LOL!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Tue May 09, 2006 11:00 pm

(Kilimanjaro 12 = manager on duty)

CM: Kilimanjaro 12 from Safari 81 (made up number)
k12: 12 bye
CM: Please be advised that a giraffe has just defecated on the side of my vehicle.
K12: Could you 10-9 please?
CM: Yes. Be advised that a giraffe has just defecated on the side of my vehicle.
K12: a giraffe did what? You mean to say that he took ... (voice trails off)
CM: 10-4
K12: umm ... 10-4 ... I'll call custodial to 56 when you get back.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Tue May 09, 2006 11:11 pm

I heard this over my friends radio on my lunch recently... (Not totally word for word, but you get it). (Rides numbers protected)

RXX: "Rides Control this is Rides XX"
RC: "Rides Control go ahead."
RXX: "Xcelerator Green Tower is code 37M."
RC: "...Xcelerator...Green Tower?"
RXX: "....."

Yeah, long story short here, apparently somebody called Supreme Scream down, but someone totally mis-worded it. No clue who called it, but I think our shift lead 10-4'd it. Rides Control was just a little confused. :D:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed May 10, 2006 12:20 am

I heard:

On July 17th, 2005, DL's 50th Anniversary, while passing out cupcakes: "Cupcake 1 from Cupcake 2!" LOL

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

tskbf2005
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tskbf2005 » Wed May 10, 2006 11:33 am

Freak wrote:I heard this over my friends radio on my lunch recently... (Not totally word for word, but you get it). (Rides numbers protected)

RXX: "Rides Control this is Rides XX"
RC: "Rides Control go ahead."
RXX: "Xcelerator Green Tower is code 37M."
RC: "...Xcelerator...Green Tower?"
RXX: "....."

Yeah, long story short here, apparently somebody called Supreme Scream down, but someone totally mis-worded it. No clue who called it, but I think our shift lead 10-4'd it. Rides Control was just a little confused. :D:
we all get confused over the radio at one point at knott's i know at my ride i have have a two way and i have have messed up radio calls

IRSmart1
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by IRSmart1 » Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 pm

Here's one from the Winnie the Pooh Attraction:
"Poooooooooh has a code H!"

When a guest was lost and couldn't find their car in the parking structure, someone called parking central:

CM: What time were we parking between 9 and 9:30? :auto:
PC: uh......We were parking between 9 and 9:30! :twisted:

Instead of asking what level we were on, they asked what time instead. It was rather comical when you heard the radio call. :hysteria:

"Where did I park? You work here and you don't know where I parked?!"
"Nope, sorry. I forgot to memorize all 15,000 cars' spots as they drove in today." :p:

IRSmart1
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by IRSmart1 » Wed May 17, 2006 12:19 pm

One night, there were flares set up next to the entrance to the pinnochio booth along with a couple of cones. one guest bumped one of the cones and the flare set it on fire. Hence the radio call to control:

"We have a 904 cone" :hysteria:

"Where did I park? You work here and you don't know where I parked?!"
"Nope, sorry. I forgot to memorize all 15,000 cars' spots as they drove in today." :p:

SoarWhoreCoCo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SoarWhoreCoCo » Thu May 18, 2006 10:55 pm

WARNING CHEAP POTTY HUMOR AHEAD

This goes down as one of many embarassing moments working for WDW, possibly the 2nd most, I'll save the most for another post someday.

I was working at Coaster, and we had been trying a seperate Fastpass/Merge rotation so we could wear shorts. I had one of the radios, and took a quick 5 to the trailer. Well, I had to ...well GO... (Indy you may have heard about this one), so I go into the bathroom and drop trou and begin doing my business, flush, wash and walk out into the trailer to a rousing round of applause from everyone in the trailer, along with cat calls.

It seem that because I had the Brick radio with the top push button attachment on that when I dropped trou it keyed the radio on and everyone in area 3 got to hear my business. I was devastated, and of course teased about it for weeks. Now I NEVER go into a bathroom with a radio unless it is turned off. :oweye:

:horseappl Hey guys!... now I know why they call it Nugget Way!
:supercat: Super Size my Love Nuggets
:poke: One of the most feared of all weapons..."Poo On A Stick"
:beaker:MEEP!:beaker:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri May 19, 2006 10:37 am

SoarWhoreCoCo wrote:WARNING CHEAP POTTY HUMOR AHEAD

This goes down as one of many embarassing moments working for WDW, possibly the 2nd most, I'll save the most for another post someday.

I was working at Coaster, and we had been trying a seperate Fastpass/Merge rotation so we could wear shorts. I had one of the radios, and took a quick 5 to the trailer. Well, I had to ...well GO... (Indy you may have heard about this one), so I go into the bathroom and drop trou and begin doing my business, flush, wash and walk out into the trailer to a rousing round of applause from everyone in the trailer, along with cat calls.

It seem that because I had the Brick radio with the top push button attachment on that when I dropped trou it keyed the radio on and everyone in area 3 got to hear my business. I was devastated, and of course teased about it for weeks. Now I NEVER go into a bathroom with a radio unless it is turned off. :oweye:
Poor you! Anyone else reminded of the similar scene in the movie Naked Gun?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter