Jungle Cruise

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
uvsc_wolverine
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Jungle Cruise

Post by uvsc_wolverine » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:18 am

One of my favorite jokes that I ever heard on the JC was when the skipper said something and ended it with "...that's why my friends call me whiskers." If anybody here has seen the Best of Wil Farrel Saturday Night Live DVD you'd get that joke. It's from Wil Farrel doing his Hary Cary impersonation and interviewing Jeff Goldblum.

I was the only person on the boat who laughed. The skipper then asked me if I would eat the moon if it were made of ribs. I gave him Jeff Goldblum's reply and said "I don't know how to answer that."

BTW I have also had a skipper who said that every animal weighed over ten thousand pounds and could jump over 25 feet.

MagliteL13
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by MagliteL13 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:27 am

Okay, I'll speak from a Jungle Standpoint--but WDW. Our OG is like a book--some of it's kinda interesting, too. (Like what to tell guests if the boat starts to take on water....i.e....stand up). The spiel itself is 27 pages with two full pages devoted to hippo jokes. It's section 4 of the OG. There are tons of different alternates. We also do have the current OG for Disneyland in our office (and I've stolen a couple jokes from it). Most of the jokes are just passed down through word of mouth and occasionally you'll see one online or hear one at the studios during Streetmo. I just heard the "How many people work at Disneyland--about one out of three" joke a couple days ago and told it to the coordinator and some other skippers last night and they were cracking up. We've got skippers that have been there for 20 years--and they've got tons of jokes they're willing to pass on.

Guest: Where are the fireworks?
Me: [points up]

LiveWire
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LiveWire » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:42 pm

oh man the other day I was at rear load and I had a guest ask me (and it scared me once I realized he was serious) ask me as he was getting into the boat if this went to the main entrance. I was so stunned I was just like...uh...no. Then he turned to his wife and told her I think we're in the wrong place. lol! I was just like omg! It made me laugh though.

I'm going to college so I can work for a mouse!

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:02 am

When I worked at Knott's, I had a few guests mistake the Calico Railroad for a Disneyland-type tram that took them to different parts of the park and dropped them off. Seriously, it would amaze you how many people thought Knott's was like Disneyland--except Knott's is older! The classic was they'd ask for the "Teacup Ride", and I'd tell them that's at Disneyland, what we have is the Hat Dance. And yes, I've had a few guests ask for the "Mexican Tea Cup Ride"! Got their parks messed up!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:43 am

felinefan wrote:When I worked at Knott's, I had a few guests mistake the Calico Railroad for a Disneyland-type tram that took them to different parts of the park and dropped them off. Seriously, it would amaze you how many people thought Knott's was like Disneyland--except Knott's is older! The classic was they'd ask for the "Teacup Ride", and I'd tell them that's at Disneyland, what we have is the Hat Dance. And yes, I've had a few guests ask for the "Mexican Tea Cup Ride"! Got their parks messed up!
Ah, yes -- brand ignorance can be so much fun. In my college years I worked at a Church's Fried Chicken. We'd get many people asking us for "buckets" of chicken (like KFC) or "McNuggets."

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter