"Have a Disney Day"???

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
CleveRocks
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

"Have a Disney Day"???

Post by CleveRocks » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:27 am

I've heard a rumor, can any of you confirm or deny?

Is there any significance when a CM tells guest to "have a Disney day"? I've heard that it's meant in a negative way. True?

...never happened to me, I don't THINK, but I'm just insanely curious ...

THANKS!

tenprincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: "Have a Disney Day"???

Post by tenprincess » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:44 am

I don't know if there is a negative meaning behind having a disney day, but I know if I have had a bad encounter with a guest, after providing guest service recovery, I'll tell them to have a magical day, meaning go jump into croc pit at animal kingdom.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:42 pm

Sort of reminds me of telling guests that they were "special," code speak for an inconsiderate, selfish pain-in-the-ass, or to "have a nice day" for the same reason. Always said in a Mary Poppins, super sweet sort of way, of course ;)

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:37 pm

Is it like "Have a magical day!!" where you use it with a angry guest and they have no way to fight it and just leave??

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:51 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:Is it like "Have a magical day!!" where you use it with a angry guest and they have no way to fight it and just leave??
I've done the same thing. After a colse encounter of th shitty kind, i'll tell the customer "HAVE A BETTER DAY" which means F**K YOU! IN my mind.Say one thing ,think something else. :twisted:

Chloe
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Chloe » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:12 pm

Where I am, "Have a magical day" equates to just that.
"Have a Disney day" is me wishing you the exact opposite :D:

kickman77
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by kickman77 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:53 pm

Chloe wrote:Where I am, "Have a magical day" equates to just that.
"Have a Disney day" is me wishing you the exact opposite :D:
you can just get a guest more angy by being he mos poilteand smileyperson thy ee met. In the area where I work we get rude guest most of the day and we are always polite and smiley to them which gets them more ticked off

[font=Palatino Linotype]

Can you find me at Disney... If you do i can make you smile :D[/font]

dudspizza
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by dudspizza » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:40 pm

kickman77 wrote:you can just get a guest more angy by being he mos poilteand smileyperson thy ee met. In the area where I work we get rude guest most of the day and we are always polite and smiley to them which gets them more ticked off
Works being a school teacher too. I am dealing with a major pain in the ass parent right now... but I am killing that parent with kindness and they don't know how to react...... they will eventually quit riding me because they are not getting the conflict they so feel they need.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:27 pm

dudspizza wrote:Works being a school teacher too. I am dealing with a major pain in the ass parent right now... but I am killing that parent with kindness and they don't know how to react...... they will eventually quit riding me because they are not getting the conflict they so feel they need.
I guess a lot of professions deal with that. I had one memorable trial on a traffic citation where this women insisted that the police officer who ticketed her had been extraordinarily rude. I knew the officer, and he is unfailingly polite. Well, on the witness stand, he was answering her questions politely and in an even tone of voice -- and she practically screamed at the judge, "SEE? He's being rude to me again!! Just like he was that day!!" :)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

mentu
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by mentu » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:20 pm

well, just say "I hope your day is as nice as you are"