Intervening Guests?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
FantasmicBumbleBee
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by FantasmicBumbleBee » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:51 pm

I love having to intervene with guests. Usually, I just make sure that they feel embarrased if they want to harrass me. I will make the gigantic crowd who have been waiting at least an hour and a half for Fantasmic! laugh when guests who arrive there two minutes before the show is about to start, who jump on a wall or try to squeeze through and stand in front of guests who have waited a while. This way, they are too embarrased to even try to argue with you. Works every time.

I survived working at Disneyland... My job there will be missed...

tskbf2005
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Intervening Guests?

Post by tskbf2005 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:29 pm

coldfire409 wrote:I've seen it happen a few times, and sometimes when I'm in the park as a guest I've done some really crazy things to some evil guests that just give the CM's hell. Since they don't know I'm a CM myself and I'm not in the park I work at it works out quite well. Although I must say that my reletives can be the worse than some of the passholes that we deal with from day to day.
i do it at my park my asking the guest to calm bown and step aside for we can pass if that don't work i get out of line and get a supervisor

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:57 pm

I've been spit on, called every name in the foul language book that exisits, not
that much phases me anymore. I seriously want to get some of those fake
Academy Awards trophys and hand them out to the ones that flail their arms
and scream foul language when they don't get the answer they want to hear.

But one day a stoller mom at main gate decided duke it out with another right
before entering the turnstile.

It was comical and yet disturbing at the same time. All that was missing was
a mud pit and camera and we'd have a pay-per-view event gone horribly
wrong.

Finally I got tired of it and said "Is this the BEST example to set for your kids?" They both went in different directions.

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

RCTfan
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by RCTfan » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:45 pm

I've never personally intervened on guests yelling at CMs, but I've never seen it.

My friend and I would visit the parks as CMs and make sure we entertain the CMs if they are around. We know it sucks having to answer stupid questions. So, we'd high five some CMs as we passed or said hello. I know its always good when a guest says hi before I would.

Since I'll be going back down, I'll probably seperate guests from CMs if I see it. I loved it when someone would be an ass to me, then the next person would be like "you rock" or "they suck" or whatever. Those made me happy too.

WDWCP - Spring 2006 - Entertainment
Former WDWCP: Living Seas and Soarin' Greeter Operations

Mommytomjm
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Mommytomjm » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:39 pm

I occasionally intervene as a guest...more often, I wait off to the side quietly and go give the CM that was being hasseled a hug and tell them that *we* appreciate all they do for us.

Bonny June, Andrew and Adorable, Adopted, Sweetie Marjorie June Mailani!!!
MJ's Spot

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:13 am

I've had a few that, while they didn't intervene (and really couldn't,) did give me a few words of encouragement afterward. Just the other night, in fact, we had one woman at Hungry Bear who was just about as nasty as I've ever seen in ten years of working in theme parks. Ok, lady, while being stuck on Pirates for 45 minutes during a 101 does give you the right to be pissed off, it DOESN'T give you the right to take it out on me and on your own damn family. Anyway, the next guest in line literally said that even if she was angry, it didn't give her the right to be such a b***h.

And was it just me, or were the guests this last weekend particularly bad/nasty/stupid?

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:12 am

CBeilby wrote: And was it just me, or were the guests this last weekend particularly bad/nasty/stupid?
Not just you.
Saturday was particularily nightmarish, had a jerk at the valve during the snow. (Fireworks had been canceled due to winds). Calling it a conspirocy. He was out of line, used some foul language. After we opened up the valve for guest flow a guest told me she couldn't believe it. I sadly shrugged and said "We almost expect to encounter that nightly. But I shrug and water off a duck's back"

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

CerasiJ
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by CerasiJ » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:07 pm

Polar, Cujo, here's a site plug idea! Start selling "Guest Tazers" with the STG logo on it, I'm sure it would be a huge hit! :D:

"Really, if it’s done therapeutically—there’s nothing wrong with it. We euthanize dogs and cats all the time in this country. Why not stupid people, too? Makes sense to me." - My Mom, Former WDW CRO Agent

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:21 am

CBeilby wrote:And was it just me, or were the guests this last weekend particularly bad/nasty/stupid?
I hate to say it, but my guests were pretty nice to me over the weekend. I had more nasty guests today than on Saturday or Sunday. Except for that one crazy lady on Sunday who was looking for the crystal shop and was complaining that she was sent every which way by this or that person. I just kept calm, gave her directions to the crystal shop, told her what time they closed, wished her a good day, and she left. My lead who was standing right next to me told me I did a good job, and I told her that guests in the park are 10 times worse on a regular basis.

I swear, none of my co-workers believes me when I tell them that the guests in the hotel stores are a lot less uptight than the guests in the park stores or WOD. None of them can fathom that it can get worse.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

murf
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by murf » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:40 am

Theres nothing bigger in the CM's arsonel than a tram full of guests that want to go into/go home when you have one person holding up the works! I've had people yell and threaten guests when they dont follow the rules!
Of course I might egg them on a bit I.E. We'll departe once all of the children are out of the strollers/everyone sits down etc...

The world is a carousel of color

Oh yeah, WELCOME HOME!