Jungle Cruise

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
CerasiJ
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Jungle Cruise

Post by CerasiJ » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:22 pm

Thatguy wrote:curly moustache?
Nooo... I don't think so, but I can't really remember! He sure was funny, though! :D:

"Really, if it’s done therapeutically—there’s nothing wrong with it. We euthanize dogs and cats all the time in this country. Why not stupid people, too? Makes sense to me." - My Mom, Former WDW CRO Agent

sandravb79
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by sandravb79 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:24 pm

Thatguy wrote:
as for the size of the script it's not that big, only 4-6 alternates per scene and one of them educational and not funny at all... yes, it's completely ok to not be funny on the JC. (it's our National Geographic spiel)
I guess even that turns out to be funny in the end...

Dreaming of a great wide somewhere... They call it Disneyland
Accepting all kinds of indecent proposals to get into Club 33.
"We wants the redhead!" - I knew reds would have more fun :twisted:

LiveWire
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LiveWire » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:18 pm

oh I hate the "serious" spiel. It's boring!!!! I didn't even bother to look at those options. And yeah we're supposed to stick to the script. Whatever you do don't get your spiel recorded and put online if you're doing non scripted jokes. :( I wish we have more leway like book.

I'm going to college so I can work for a mouse!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:17 pm

This is why I *love* working on the Railroad. We *have* no script, thus no way to be *off* script. :readit:

Three hundred guests, a microphone, and half a mile distance from managment. Ah, contentment!

Though last month, after four years, my leader finally did ride my train... but only from Main Street to Frontierland. And he still hasn't heard my "no spiel box" spiel! :piano:

Zazu

sandravb79
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by sandravb79 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:34 am

But on the railroad, they don't tell jokes... they almost say nothing at all.
They didn't even say "all aboard" !!! :mad: :confused: :(

Hmm... A ride on the train, with dumb jokes being told about everything in the park should be great... Imagine how long the lines would get for that!!!!

gurgi
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by gurgi » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:19 am

sandravb79 wrote:But on the railroad, they don't tell jokes... they almost say nothing at all.
They didn't even say "all aboard" !!! :mad: :confused: :(

Hmm... A ride on the train, with dumb jokes being told about everything in the park should be great... Imagine how long the lines would get for that!!!!
^someone needs a behind the magic of trains tour.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:38 am

sandravb79 wrote:But on the railroad, they don't tell jokes... they almost say nothing at all. They didn't even say "all aboard"!!! :mad: :confused: :(
Then they're doing it wrong. "All Aboard" is required at each stop, the jokes are optional though.
Come to the MK on a Wednesday and ask to ride with Conductor Zazu. I'll give you jokes!

"Frontierland is also your stop for Liberty Square, home of the stately Haunted Mansion and the spooky Hall of Presidents."

Zazu

sandravb79
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by sandravb79 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:59 am

Zazu wrote:Then they're doing it wrong. "All Aboard" is required at each stop, the jokes are optional though.

Come to the MK on a Wednesday and ask to ride with Conductor Zazu. I'll give you jokes!

"Frontierland is also your stop for Liberty Square, home of the stately Haunted Mansion and the spooky Hall of Presidents."
Well, in Disneyland, they said it just once during my 4-day visit, and probably it was because the CM was new, and wanted to do his job very well. Oh, and at the Main Street station, it is said on the prerecorded thing. And in Emeryville and Sacramento, they said it, but that's Amtrak, not Disney...

I hope you still work there in June 2006, I'll make sure I'm at WDW on a Wednesday!

Oh, and where do I get those behind the magic tours???

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:24 pm

MY TURN! so yeah, jungle script huge, over 100 pages front and back full letter size, at least i think it's that many. Deviation from the script is considered a terminable offense, depending on the deviation, current management, if it was offensive, why you did it, and if you even realized you were off script. Hence the time i did the eniter "volcano" speil with the lead sitting right next to me, and asked him if that was in the OG,(the sript is part of the OG, that's why we cannot deviate, we've signed contracts that say we'll do everything in the OG) he said no, but claimed to have made it up so i got away with it, still do, if i'm ever there.

we do have the power to add jokes to the script, change from one joke to the next, ommitt jokes/parts of jokes. you're ok as long as you're not offensive, using a joke in the script, even if you've completly changed the wording.

ie, speil joke: these hippos are only dangerous when wiggling their ears and blowing bubbles under water.
acceptable variation: no worries folks, they're only dangerous i they'er shaking their ears and... blowing bubbles under... ok we have a problem.
terminable offense:these hippos are only dangerous when wiggling their ears and blowing bubbles under water. Don't worry though, Bubbles isn't here today!

i have a hard time not saying that last one, so i don't use that introduction to the hippo pool, in order to avoid saying bad things. I also have trouble not telling people the tiger can jump over 5000 feet,... once... out of an airplane. neither of those fly to well.

so yes we have a big script to work with, containing many great jokes, and yes there is large unofficial script passed on from skipper to skipper, usually on a day to day basis.

i want to learn book, so i can point out the woods where hunters shot, and killed bambi's mother.

Gimme some soft serve!

saidthekat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by saidthekat » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:29 pm

GMC wrote:i want to learn book, so i can point out the woods where hunters shot, and killed bambi's mother.
it's been done before, dearie.

[font=Lucida Console]"...on our right hand side is the cottage where snow white lives with the seven dwarves... and behind it are the woods where hunters shot bambi's mother, and she died..."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"Attention in and around the Tinkerbell: Boat will be powered up immediately in forward mode. Please stand clear."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"i'm going pee-pee! i'm going pee-pee!"[/font]