Mssehp

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Mssehp

Post by IndyandMarion » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

No, the topic title isn't a misprint, I really did mean Mickey's Not So Entertaining Holloween Party.

I've gone the past three years (This year being the 3rd). Honestly, I could have done something better this year (Like watch the grass grow). Ok, so aside from the rain that came through in a classic on and off fashion, it was just really, um, poor. Granted this was only the second night so they're still trying to work everything out but still...

The parade, which was supposed to start at 8 was delayed by five minutes. Thirty minutes later, it finally arrived at the castle (It started in Frontierland this year). Now I know it takes a minute to get to the castle, but I mean no one was telling us ANYTHING. So when the parade finally arrived, they had the merchandise carts with the light swords and all going by, they were selling stuff like crazy. One mother basically tosses her kid into the street to get one of the new generation light necklaces and the manager walking with the cart said "No, we have to go. They will be sold after the parade" The mother gets pissed...but I mean, I can see why she would be, I mean the parade was only literally FIVE FEET AWAY FROM US.
Ok, ok, me looking at the mother, ready, aim and... :brick:

The parade was more or less, um, boring. There was a new music loop that lasted all but five seconds. Now the floats had their own loops but I like the atmosphere loop better from last year. I won't give any spoilers out but there are one or two great new characters in the parade. One that has never been done (To my knowledge) and one that EVERYONE AND THEIR GOLDFISH has waited for. The greatest float of all of them is back (Ok, one spoiler. What up Haunted Mansion float. Best Float Ever). Alright one last spoiler, they are really beginning to push the villians (FINALLY!) for the event. Over all I prefer the old parade. No headless horseman either (More than likely due to slick streets.)
My Rating 7.5/10. No horsemen, lack of communication with guests. Cast Members having no clue whats going on. Wining mother because of an apparent necklace shortage that would follow the parade...

So after all that mess...There were the ALL NEW FIREWORKS, if thats what you can call it.

True, it was all new, with new effects never done at MK. But when I heard about the show and the audio track, I was like, please dear God be joking. I found a video of it online and watched it, sadly it was real. So I was already going into this with a "I can't believe Im going to watch this" mind.
I was actually surprised. Granted the audio used is nothing but villain music remixed (Poor unfortunate souls, Hellfire, Grim Grinning Ghosts, Nightmare before Christmas, A new song from Oggie Boogie. Think I heard night on bald mountain as well as a few others I couldnt make out.)
The pyro was a different story. That was the main thing I waited for. The pyro was AWSOME. They included the 360 effect and an all new one, the pinwheel effect... ON THE CASTLE (The same effect at the end of Fantasmic).
They managed to save their asses with the show by having the exit of the fireworks being Little Madam Leota saying "Hurry Back. Hurry Baacckk. Be sure to bring your death certificate"
My Rating: Music 4.0/10 (Simply because...YOU DONT REMIX THOSE SONGS!!!!)
Pyro effects: 10/10

Everything else in general was the same. Same character meet and greets in the same location. Candy locations in the same spot (with a few "surprise spots" that aren't on the map). The candy situation is no longer done by nestle (Or however you say is). Disney dropped that partnership and they sponser it themselves with Goofy's Candy Company.
My rating for Character Meet and Greets: 7.0/10 (How can you have new costumes in the parade for a lot of the characters. Then not use them in the meet and greets? Instead, you use the same recycled ones from previous years)

Cant rate really rate the candy deal because I dont do the candy but I'll give it a 8.0/10 for using something original (This case, Goofy's Candy Company)

Over all, I'll give it an 8.0/10. Parade lacked some great floats from last year. Crappy audio track for Hollowishes (I wish for a better track next year). Everything else is the same from last year.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

Seussgirl
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Mssehp

Post by Seussgirl » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:25 pm

Wow, thanks for the review. We are going to try to go if we can get tickets before they sell out. We went to HHN at Universal last week and it is really good this year. If anyone in the Orlando area is wanting some discount tickets let me know because we get a good discount. :)

Guest: What time does the park close?
Me: 5 minutes ago.
Guest: Are there any rides still open?
Me: No, the park's closed.
Guest: So, there's no rides still open?

I'm so glad I'm just seasonal!!! :rolleyes:

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Mssehp

Post by IndyandMarion » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:34 pm

Highly unlikely we'll see a sell out any night this year, with the exception of the 31st.

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:39 pm

Alright. Aside from the party being somewhat bad. Here is a quick run down of a few costume I saw.

Jack Sparrow: NONE OF WHICH WERE DONE PROPERLY! WORD OF ADVICE, MAKE THE DAMN COSTUME AND DONT ORDER IT FROM DISNEY YOU NUMBSKULLS. ALSO, JACK HAD A BEARD AND WALKED AS IF HE WAS HALF DRUNK. LAST I CHECKED CLEAN SHAVEN AND WALKING UPRIGHT, NOT CUTTING IT!

(Please don't think Im being mean or rude but) To all 40-60 year old, over weight people...Cinderella, Wendy and Jessica Rabbit....not the best choice of costumes...I mean, I understand the whole "being a kid again and dressing up for holloween" but um...some of those costumes were just, no. Um, hell no.

I have heard of one female who looked the part, and was dres..er painted the dress of Jessica Rabbit on. Hair done perfectly and all. And yes, she did have clothing on in certain areas, but it was blended in with the paint apparently.

Cruella De Ville and family: Very nicely done. Mother was Cruella (in every sense of the name, played the part great) and the 12 kids, give or take were the dalmations, which were done nicely as well.

Tinker Dude: A MALE dressed as Tinkerbell. Look, I don't care how funny it is to you, to a child and myself, that's down right frightening!

Peter and Louis Griffin: If you two are out there, again, LOVE the costumes. Absolutely THE BEST, original costumes. Loved how "peter" said that they wouldn't allow Brian in the park so he went to the Contemporary to have a Martini.

:eek:

What the hell?! A family of six wearing sandwich boards? What's on them? SOB! FASTPASSES! What the? Screw orginality, that just down right insane, GET ME THE WHITE JACKETS NOW! AP HOLDERS (Which they confirmed they were) HAVE GONE TOO FAR! Dude, I mean they had EVERY SINGLE DETAIL of the FP on the boards.

I'll throw this one in there, My girlfriend as Belle (in the blue dress). How many times have you see the Gold dress? and how many times have you seen the blue or even the "christmas" one?

Finally, to the family from Haunted Mansion, great job. Father was Master Gracy, Mother was Leota, Daughter was the bride (I know what some of you are thinking, and its just wrong...) and the son was a butler.