Happy Meal, please

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Happy Meal, please

Post by BirdMom » Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:22 am

Some of the other posts reminded me of this. Way back in '86, foods was super short staffed just after Easter week, so they let anyone work shifts there as long as it didn't go to O.T. Well, I'd just bought a new car, so I thought what the hey - I was only working 20 hours a week in Merch. at the time. I ended up working at Gepetto's in F-land, the first day just pouring drinks (I now respect anyone and everyone who's worked in fast food for awhile) and the second day, I got to hand orders out at the counter.

Now mind you, by the time the guests got to me, they'd already placed their order and paid, so you'd think they all had a clue...this one woman came up to me and said "is there a Carl's Jr. here?" so trying to be helpful I said "well, if you go out to Harbor Blvd., where you drove in, turn right and go down two lights to Orangewood, there's a Carl's on that corner." She looked at me like I was crazy and said "No, no! I need a Carl's here, inside Disneyland. My child wants a Happy Star meal." I told her "I'm sorry ma'am, all the restaurants inside the park are run by Disneyland - we don't have any of those outside chains in here, but we do have a children's menu on the wall..." She gets louder - "you don't understand, my child won't eat anything but a Happy Star meal..." All I could tell her was "I'm sorry, that's our children's menu, and that's our children's meals right there," but all I could think was whose fault is it that the kid won't eat anything else? :roll: