Zazu Comes Home

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Zazu Comes Home

Post by Zazu » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:04 am

Well gang, it looks like I missed you all (or was too stupid to notice you). But please don't take it personally -- things have not been entirely magical this week:

*Someone put poisoned bread in my driveway in Florida in an attempt to kill my cats. Three dogs in the neighborhood have already been poisoned.

*My cat-keeper confirmed that the cats are all okay, but they now have to be shut in the house full-time (with consequent negative impact on their nerves and my carpets).

*The sherrif refused to take any action without a dead body.

*Animal Control got confused and served me with a notice to comply and ten days to respond or get hit with a $1000 fine. (Since evaded.)

*A dear friend turned out to be near death from painful cancer.

*My father has had a series of small strokes and a nasty fall, and is starting to lose it both mentally and physically.

*My wife *hates* my brother, and we shared dinner tonight. (Rainforest Cafe, and the thunder wasn't the loudest noise I had to listen to.)

It's likely that we wouldn't have made very good company, so you-all are probably lucky we didn't get together.

At this point, I *really* need a vacation. Fortunately, we board the Disney Magic tomorrow for a 14-day cruise home. Email may be intermittant, and I intend to leave the cell phone turned off!

Hang in there everyone, summer is almost over!

Zazu

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:42 pm

Zazu wrote:Well gang, it looks like I missed you all (or was too stupid to notice you). But please don't take it personally -- things have not been entirely magical this week:
Sorry things aren't going well, but I have to say you did see me, although I guess it was the too stupid part. :) You were about to get on Casey Jr. I went by in my boat and sneezed, you said bless you, I said thank you, then looked up to wave and saw you standing there. I even said 'hi Bruce' but I guess it didn't quite register or you didn't hear me.
Would've loved to have wandered with you in my park. :)

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:20 pm

Polar33 wrote:
Hmm...now there's an idea, an SGT Disney Cruise meet. I think there may be plenty of mayhem that could be had with that idea. :twisted:
I like that idea, I keep trying to convince my honey that we should try a cruise. :)

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:53 am

i was cornered by my city hall friend while she was doing a tour, and she made me answer questions, and one of the people in her tour was a florida conductor, but i don't think it was you, because that was today, and i'm pretty sure you already left. Maybe though i dunno it's late and i'm *still* trying to make senseable posts on a sleepless mind, and empty stomache, after all this time i've been posting.

Gimme some soft serve!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:28 pm

GMC wrote:i was cornered by my city hall friend while she was doing a tour, and she made me answer questions, and one of the people in her tour was a florida conductor, but i don't think it was you, because that was today, and i'm pretty sure you already left. Maybe though i dunno it's late and i'm *still* trying to make senseable posts on a sleepless mind, and empty stomache, after all this time i've been posting.
Wasn't me, I swear!

I've been aboard the Disney Magic since Saturday 20th Aug. Am curious to know who the conductor was though. Didn't know any of my compatriots were making the trip.

Zazu

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:00 pm

a former perhaps? Or a noob...

he was about 6' maybe 250-300, a kinda big guy ( i think) it was dark, and he was back of the crowd, so hard to tell. By the looks of him, he might have been an engineer, just had that kinda look about him.

Gimme some soft serve!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:00 pm

GMC wrote:he was about 6' maybe 250-300, a kinda big guy ( i think) it was dark, and he was back of the crowd, so hard to tell. By the looks of him, he might have been an engineer, just had that kinda look about him.
Ah, that was probably Fred, trying to get me into trouble.

That's okay, I know where he works! :twisted:

Zazu