Flash Mountain

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Sun May 11, 2003 6:43 pm

ya know, you kind of seem to get desensitized to watching people have sex in the rides for the most part...once the shock value wears off, it's just another day at the office.

The one shock that never wore off for me was over at Mansion...it was Catholic school week, and we had a bunch of sweater kids running around on the load belt, looking like scattered ants so I was too busy hearding them into omnimovers to care about who or what was behind them. Once I was sure all the little monsters were safe and secure in the cars, I stepped back from the load 2 spot to catch my breath just in time to see these two people passionately kissing. Something didn't look right and when I realized that they were both nuns (in full regalia, wimple and all) I gasped out loud. They kind of pulled away from each other, one covered her mouth with her hand as if she were blushing (I know I was blushing - I went to St. Francis of Assisi Catholic school!!!) and they both started giggling as the omnimover went up the incline. I've never forgotten that afternoon! :shock:

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Tue May 13, 2003 12:37 pm

:shock: .... :shock: ........... :shock:

Hmmm.....disturbing.....yet oddly.......

:pbjtime: :pbjtime: :pbjtime: :pbjtime: :pbjtime: !!!

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

wheelieman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by wheelieman » Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:51 am

:throw:
All are welcome here. For now. Maybe, just maybe, guests will learn something here.
Believe me, Cujo, this site is an EYE OPENER! As a guest, I never had a CLUE that you guys put up with such idiocy. I witnessed plenty of things while hanging around CircleVision like "when is the next show" as the guest is staring right at the "Time till Next Show" countdown clock. But my friends the Cast Members all seemed to take it in stride. As an AP I can only recall upsetting a CM ONE TIME. I was on Columbia, completely off in outer space, not paying any attention to what I was doing, and the narrator CM was saying something repeatedly on the PA. When I came back to earth, I realized he was talking to ME because like a total MORON I was sitting on the rail! I KNEW not to do this, I could recite the whole "they are not designed to support your weight or that of your children" spiel. I was so embarrased that I went down below and pretty much hid until the trip was over. I did sort of have a good excuse for leaving my brain at the gate. My mom had just passed away, and I was totally using the park as a means of escaping THAT reality. It worked too, you guys create an incredible reality barrier there. Thanks.

Dave

Edited by CujoSR: Fixed Quote.

Im in California, Im in California! If you see me at Knott's, come up and say "Hi"!

^ Okay, the novelty has worn off.

Amateur Radio Call Sign KI6BVW

SirWillow
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SirWillow » Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:50 am

As a lurker for a while now, I'd hate to see the forums here closed for any that aren't CM's. While I may not be in the shoes that so many of you wear, I can certainly sympathize as a person who frequents a variety of parks. The extent of stupidity that people show at parks is just astounding, and to have to put up with so much of it for so long and on the low wages that so many of you get...

Coming here and being able to laugh about it, especially after having seen so much of it, just helps to make my day and remind me that when I do visit the parks to take a bit of extra time to tell the CM's how much I appreciate the job they do.

Oh, and that's coming from a person who wishes they'd had the money for an AP just to show you that there are a few of us that don't have to be annoying morons. :)

What do you mean you won't smile for the camera?

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:59 am

SirWillow wrote:Oh, and that's coming from a person who wishes they'd had the money for an AP just to show you that there are a few of us that don't have to be annoying morons.
We realize the majority of APs are okay, and that it's only a small minority of them that are weird/irritating; but when you're driving down the road, it's the potholes that you remember - not the miles and miles of otherwise smooth pavement.

SirWillow
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SirWillow » Tue Aug 12, 2003 6:40 pm

Oh I understand. It looks like I may actually be able to finally afford them this year for me and my family and just didn't want any egg, pin trading lanyards, or anything like that flying at me. :)

Scary thing, it looks like I may end up as a CM here soon in a backwards sort of way, in the Disney Stores. We'll see if that works out. I know not the same thing, but goodness knows I've dealth with enough daft people in retail that I could give some good stories.

What do you mean you won't smile for the camera?

Old Crow
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Old Crow » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:29 pm

What is scary (and I don't mean this in bad way) is that some of the people in those Disney retail stores, the ones in malls and such, can be way too happy. Ultra perkey at 10 A.M is a disease.

SRC Photography - Photographs of Californa's Amusement Parks and more!
[font=Arial Black]"Dead men do not ride rollercoasters." -CSI[/font]

Dante101
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Dante101 » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:57 pm

That's a big thing I dislike about Disney. Over the years, they've warped the meaning of "happy and friendly" cast members to mean acting like a Stepford Wife!

I don't mind having a cast member smile and say "hello," but it does bug me to have one bouncing up to you like Tigger, asking how your day is, and pretending to be your best friend and sh*t...

It's just so phony and irritating...

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:38 am

Old Crow wrote:......Disney retail stores, the ones in malls and such, can be way too happy. Ultra perkey at 10 A.M is a disease.
Its just like Wal-Mart.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:07 am

Freak wrote:
Old Crow wrote:......Disney retail stores, the ones in malls and such, can be way too happy. Ultra perkey at 10 A.M is a disease.
Its just like Wal-Mart.
DON'T SAY THAT!!! I work there now. I am not perky at 10am, I never was.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."