What the hell are you talking about?!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
SamuraiKoala32
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

What the hell are you talking about?!

Post by SamuraiKoala32 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:42 pm

A few days ago, I was working at Rizzo's (a DCA store run by one person that carries Muppet items, for those who don't know it) and this woman and her 2 children who just got off the Muppet Vision 3D attraction walk up to me and ask me the most obscure question:

"Can they like, print things out in here?"

....what?! I can't even come up with a service solution to that! I had no freakin' clue what the hell she was talking about! I pretty much just responded with a very confused "NO?"

That still baffles me. What on Earth was she talking about? Anyone have ideas as to what she wanted? Even my lead was really confused/frightened like I was.

Also, does anyone else care to share a "WTF Moment" they experienced?

There is a fine line between friendly, entertaining guest service and being a total asshole. I am that fine line.

SilverStyle
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: What the hell are you talking about?!

Post by SilverStyle » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:30 am

Haha just another stupid question. Working over ToT

Guest: Does this elevator go down
Me: blank stare :confused:

LostMalfoy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LostMalfoy » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:57 am

SilverStyle wrote:Haha just another stupid question. Working over ToT

No, they only go up, and it only works once. The ones that go down are in Disneyland. "Here's your sign"

Lol, sorry, I couldn't help it. And, my stupid question...you've seriously been asked that?!

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:30 pm

"Is this that thing that goes around and around?"

-- "Ma'am... that describes most of this park."

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:10 am

at big thunder:

g: what is this?(interruping)
GMC:Big thunder mountian rail road (short quick turing back to my guest, who was luckily understand and was aslo immediatly picked up by the other CM at the entrance.)
g: no i mean what IS it?
GMC: Big thunder mountain rail road, it's a roller coaster (shoulda said log ride) It's all explained right here on this sign. (hitting sign with open hand so as to make noise, drawing all billion's peoples' attentions to it)
g: well i thought i'd ask you since you work here. thanks GMC. (makes sure i know she has my name, and disappears, so i continue about my bussiness)
GMC: (to other cm) what just happened?
no sooner do i ask this than the woman reappears and asks for my last name.
Knowing company policy, about tossing those out, and knowing that she could stalk me with that kind of knowlege, i simply state to her: You do not need my last name, just go to city hall, and tell them i'm from big thunder, i'm pretty sure i'm the only greg here today. Bye.

she dissappeared agian, and failed to complain agianst me.

Gimme some soft serve!

saidthekat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by saidthekat » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:43 am

one of my favorites:

so, i'm standing outside of book... because we're cycling out for the parade, and this woman walks up to me, and says "what's going to be here?"

i reply with, "the parade of dreams."

she says, a little bit more agressively, "WHAT'S going to be here?!"

i say, "walt disney's parade of dreams..." and begin explaining what the parade is, who's in it, etc...

she interrupts me in a disgusted tone, "NO! What time is the parade?!"

"oh," i say, "7:00."

------------------------------------

no one told me that "what's going to be here?" meant that she wanted to know what time the parade was...

[font=Lucida Console]"...on our right hand side is the cottage where snow white lives with the seven dwarves... and behind it are the woods where hunters shot bambi's mother, and she died..."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"Attention in and around the Tinkerbell: Boat will be powered up immediately in forward mode. Please stand clear."[/font]

[font=Lucida Console]"i'm going pee-pee! i'm going pee-pee!"[/font]

PrncssCinderAlly
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by PrncssCinderAlly » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:53 pm

ok so i have noticed an abundance of guests peeing in random places lately, usually using the excuse that they have waited in line for (insert "x" amount of hours) and "didnt want to lose my spot now." Usually after a quick "the bathroom is in (insert "x" direction here), and you can leave your party as long as you let a CM know you will be rejoining the line after you return from the restroom. They give me an "i didnt know that" or an "im sorry," even if its totally unapologetic. At least they aknowledge that they did something wrong and can fix it. Today's took the cake tho. After the exact situation happened above (i.e. dad watching kid pee in a corner, i approach and point out the bathroom politely) The father of the assumed four or five year old looks at me and then looks at his little one and goes, "I told you, jacob." He then proceeds to start turning the kid around who contues peeing all over his own shoes, nearly missing mine. I tell them if they started there at least keep it all in one place if they cant stop now. FREAKING A DUDE! WHATS THAT ABOUT?! I guess where they come from its ok to pee whenever and whereever you feel like it? I understand cultural differences but sheesh! When the people spoke perfectly good english and the bathroom was like than 50 yards away... COME ON! ewww... NOT TO MENTION that he tried to pin it one his FIVE YEAR OLD! lol... cuz you know its the kids fault that dad couldnt ask where the bathroom was...i wish i could have made them clean it up themselves... that would have been nice...not in a mean or spiteful way just in a please at least wipe up after yourself so i dont have to and neither does castodial...

.:~*A dream is a wish your heart makes*~:.

NO, you CANT unrinate in a waterbottle at front group before you ride this attraction...PLEASE LEAVE!!!

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:24 pm

SilverStyle wrote:Haha just another stupid question. Working over ToT

Any "True" Bill Engvall fan would have remembered the classic answer to this question:

No. These elevators go side to side...the down elevators are over there.
(Or in this case) No. This/These (Since we're talking about Tower) elevator(s) go side to side. The down ones are at the Tower at The Studios in Orlando, Florida.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

CA Screamin Dude
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by CA Screamin Dude » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:06 pm

SamuraiKoala32 wrote:Also, does anyone else care to share a "WTF Moment" they experienced?
Also at Rizzo's (I was BOH), some kid comes up and asks if we sell cigarettes. Obviously, nicotene has a healthy effect on that guy.

And another day, over at Fly 'n Buy, someone asked if we sold real motor oil.

madhatter04
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by madhatter04 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:04 pm

My BIGGEST WTF moment happened last week. I was in costume and a mom brought her kid to come see me. The kid TAKES OFF HER DIAPER and hands it to me and it is stained with urine and ... crap. The mom smiles at me and says "She wants you to have Dinky." I stood there, dumbfounded. I had no idea how to respond to this. Luckily, the entertainment host grabbed it and said "thank you," and the kid ran off and the host shoved it into the trash can, and ran off to wash her hands. FRICKIN DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!

--» Alex <--·´¯`·.