50th Name Tags

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
1karenhb
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

50th Name Tags

Post by 1karenhb » Wed May 18, 2005 12:57 pm

A lot of guests have asked about the year on our new name tags. The worst happened a couple of days ago when a woman asked and when I replied that's the year I was hired, she replied, " I thought you looked awfully old to have graduated in 1999". Thanks lady! Any other stories???

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: 50th Name Tags

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed May 18, 2005 3:11 pm

The most common question asked is "What the Class of mean?" Nothing too crazy about that.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Latasian731
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Latasian731 » Thu May 19, 2005 2:03 am

I love it now because if a guest asks a certain question and doesnt get the answer they want, they really can't fight us seasoned CMs because we've been here awhile. For example, a guest last week was looking for a certain watch that we no longer carried. I told her we haven't carried it for years and before she could argue back she took a look at the hire year on my nametag and conceded that I was right. Boy, I love being right sometimes! :D:

Fightning Disney Corruption since 1999!

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Fri May 20, 2005 12:27 am

Works the other way, too, though. My nametag says "Class of 2004." However, I was also an AP for nine years before that and a CM for three more.

No, I'm not a newbie.

Anthony
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Anthony » Fri May 20, 2005 3:03 am

Nearly all my friends ask why mine says 2005 when I graduated high school in 2003. Phooey!

monkeybabe70
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by monkeybabe70 » Fri May 20, 2005 1:11 pm

I haven't been able to figure out why people would actually think that the Class of is the year that we graduated HS...mine is pretty cool cuz it is the year that i graduated...but still...why would they think that...
But have you seen them ask some of the older newbies..."is that the year you graduated? what did you graduate from?" and they look at them like their stupid cuz they think that they just graduated from HS...sometimes i wish i had that tho so i could mess with them...i want to get a nametag that says like...class of 1975...ten years before i was born... :D:

AP at the tolls: "What do you mean I can't use my husband's pass for parking?I paid for him to have the parking on it!"
Me: "Well, you see right there?Non-transferable!"
AP: "What is this ten dollars going to mean to Disney?Can't you just give it to me this time?I mean, come on...I pay your paychecks!!!":eek:
:ducks: closest things I could find to sheep...and that's what they all are :twisted:
:rip: this is to all the APs out there that want to get us all fired...just the mean ones tho

SilverStyle
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SilverStyle » Fri May 20, 2005 2:51 pm

I think our name tags are so pimp

MEng85
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: INDY!!!!!! just moved to fullerton...bye bye Frisco

Post by MEng85 » Fri May 20, 2005 2:53 pm

im waitin for the diamond encrusted one :D: :D: ......maybe 75th b-day?!? :rolleyes:

YES!!!!! im incorrigible...anymore questions????

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat May 21, 2005 4:43 am

MEng85 wrote:im waitin for the diamond encrusted one :D: :D: ......maybe 75th b-day?!? :rolleyes:
:D: :D: Well MEng, be 1st in line & turn blue. You still gonna be a CM making $8.03 in Adventure Land in 25 yrs.? Very lofty goal :) ]

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

MEng85
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: INDY!!!!!! just moved to fullerton...bye bye Frisco

Post by MEng85 » Sat May 21, 2005 4:56 am

Main Streeter wrote: :D: :D: Well MEng, be 1st in line & turn blue. You still gonna be a CM making $8.03 in Adventure Land in 25 yrs.? Very lofty goal :) ]

for some strange reason i dnt doubt that that would be the pay.........best not make a career out of it i suppose though....*eyes cushy govt jobs* :cool:

YES!!!!! im incorrigible...anymore questions????