Free at last!!!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Free at last!!!

Post by Thatguy » Tue May 03, 2005 7:47 pm

Well kids it's been fun, but tomorrow is my last day working at the hotel, I gave them just over 24 hours notice.

The new job starts on Thursday and makes almost double, I'll of course keep up here as I have many stories that I didn't feel comfortable sharing while working there.

*heads off to CP to change status*

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

MEng85
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: INDY!!!!!! just moved to fullerton...bye bye Frisco

Re: Free at last!!!

Post by MEng85 » Tue May 03, 2005 8:16 pm

hey good luck at the new job!

YES!!!!! im incorrigible...anymore questions????

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Tue May 03, 2005 8:21 pm

Thanks!

and for the record I do feel bad about giving such short notice, but as any manager would tell you, look out for #1. (of course they wouldn't tell you that if the company isn't #1)

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Tue May 03, 2005 9:06 pm

Congrats on your sucessful escape.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue May 03, 2005 10:55 pm

Good move. You always want to leave on your terms instead of the companies. It used to be best to give two weeks notice but with most companies employing people "at will”, it boils down to what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Wed May 04, 2005 1:55 am

Thanks Hobie! And I agree with you about the whole equal opprotunity termination (not to mention the fact that every 8 hours I work there is $65 less than I'd be making at the new place.)

And for those interested, I'll be doing cost projections for housing development projects, doesn't that sound exciting? I actually met the team I'll be working with today and they're all shiny happy people.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Wed May 04, 2005 11:34 am

Congratualtions on getting away from *that* place! Hope you do well at your new job - just don't be surprised if it's a corporation that they still expect you to think in lock step with management ;)

*Aside* Holy cow, Polar!!! I'd completely forgotten about that sign in your avatar. I haven't seen that since 1985!!! Wow...

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Wed May 04, 2005 2:28 pm

Well you know any of us will sign you in if you feel the need to see Disneyland. Good luck at your new job.

And for the record. Disneyland is closed today.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Thu May 05, 2005 12:21 am

I may be getting signed on sat... gotta see the fireworks and parade. not to mention find out how jungle is doing!

And I'm glad I decided to work one last day, so many new SGTs!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu May 05, 2005 1:53 am

Well, That Guy, you will be missed by CMs @ Disney. Like your posts & am looking forward to "those" you couldn't post while a CM. Wish you THE BEST in the future!! Don't 4 get us. ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]