People Ruin The Magic!!!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: People Ruin The Magic!!!

Post by Thatguy » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:23 pm

hmm, I can't think of any time we've had any flames going on in the forums, but it might be worth a try.... :twisted:

Welcome to the boards!

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:56 am

After reading the entire 7 page thread on that site, all I can say is, many of those people on that board need to get a life. :notallthe
I find it amusing that more often than not, CM's end up being villainized by the guests in these sorts of threads.

That made me laugh too. I wonder how long Disneyland would work if the people who villainized the CMs ran the park...

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:44 am

Sounds like a fair assessment to me Polar, in my recent location preference my job is basicly being a happy, friendly, non smoker who knows a lot about the parks... sounds like they want me to do that job for another 90 minutes on my to and from work with no pay. god forbid I get steamed in trafic and shout to myself, or smoke in my car since I drive to/from work in costume.

I have a friend who fixes computers for a living, I don't expect him to do that for me once he gets home (though he will and he lowers his price to pizza and some beer.)

Meh, I've learned that this is a horrible site (from thier not criticizing other websites) and that we're all horrible CMs (from thier not attacking posters.)

One thing I love about this site is that we have members who work at diverse parks and guests of diverse parks on all levels. Which is impossible with the filtering they want.

Kudos to SGT, the site I was looking for the first time I hired in, but didn't exist until the second time!

I just wish there was some way to force people through the main page so I could say "Hey you read the disclaimer right?"

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

goose
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goose » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:00 am

PrncssCinderAlly wrote:i think i may be done with my soap box for a bit... lol... someone else can borrow it still... im still interested about how other CMs feel about this ordeal...
There are always people like that! When I was a little girl I would never cheat or sneak a peak at what my parents bought me for my birthday or for Christmas. Well, I think I did it once. But only once. I liked to be surprised. It was part of the fun of a holiday.

Honestly, I don't care if people are sneaking peaks. It's their loss. People that really want to be surprised won't see the pictures because they aren't even looking for them. They aren't going to suffer.

Dack48
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Dack48 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:29 am

Freak wrote:After reading the entire 7 page thread on that site, all I can say is, many of those people on that board need to get a life. :notallthe

That made me laugh too. I wonder how long Disneyland would work if the people who villainized the CMs ran the park...

Well, let me pull a guest thing and 'fantasize' about this...

First off, we would all get fired or retrained for like a month. Were all terrible CM's for having even one negative thought! (lobotomies, anyone?)

Second, they would start building any and every E-Ticket that they could get their hands on, all blue sky and with no corporate sponsorship.

What does this mean? They would run out of money in a week :) They would have all these great attractions but no money to run them or CM's to staff them...it would be just like Cartmanland!

edit: Not all guests are like this, ya know. Some of them are awesome, understanding guests, and can be some of the coolest people in the world. (espicially when they back YOU up!)

~Innoventions- its many things, but theres one thing its not, its Na-Ta-Ride!~

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:41 pm

Dack48 wrote: (lobotomies, anyone?!)
No thank you Dack. Have had mine, thus I can put up with S Gs ]

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:27 pm

Oh god... I take a break from reading for a few days to help get my uncle's wedding together and you start a Forum War! Children do need supervision!

In all seriousness Ally I am dissapointed in you. Not for what you said or for unknowingly causing a war (of course all the best wars were started over words), but for thinking there isn't an audience for pictures and sneak peaks of upcoming events. The human mind is a curious one and any one who hadnot wanted to see those pictures wouldn't look at them. I don't beleive that any magic has been ruined by waiting by the gates to snap a photo. There is a huge audience out there and many want every bit of info about it as possible, especially within the Disney community.

Think about this, Polar posted the entire soundtrack for the new Wis...Remember show. Is he ruining the magic for everyone? No... I chose not to listen as i'm sure others did too. And considering it was hijacked by every disney board out there (many linking directly to the file), I don't think that any one is really concerned.

Sorry, Ally, for that bitch session, but it had to be said. Now I have to go over to mouseplanet and post my rebuttal to all this crap.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Latasian731
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Latasian731 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:38 am

OK...it really DOES suck when certain individuals ruin the magic for everyone else (eg. mouseplanet.com). When I saw the video clip of the fireworks I was totally irrate. I think what put me over the top was the fact that pictures of the parade are now on the website. I agree that the lack of security is part to blame and they should have had some kind of barrier prohibiting the outside to view what's going on inside like DCA has. My cast members were told to tell guest we know nothing about firework testing or parade rehearsals (even though we knew) but I caught many other CMs telling guests we were having fireworks tonight at 9:25 even though we were closing at 7. As for the CMs viewing the fireworks and parade, as far as I was told we were not allowed to view them. But, security and a few Entertainment CMs came around and encouraged us to view them so they can get our feedback. In fact, on Monday night I had a little chat with Matt Ouimet and Marty Sklar about how exciting the parade and fireworks are going to be for the guests. They both encouraged the cast members to come out of the stores on Main Street and watch what was going on.

Fightning Disney Corruption since 1999!

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:39 am

I'm just pissed that all my plans for a SGT/MP meet are probably dashed to heck!

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:55 am

Thatguy wrote:I'm just pissed that all my plans for a SGT/MP meet are probably dashed to heck!
Your Dreams were dashed long ago...

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."