Grad Nights

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Grad Nights

Post by GMC » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:43 am

i'll give them advice for life... when i'm chewing them out for cutting the line or possibly, just talking to them.

Gimme some soft serve!

manderson6309
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by manderson6309 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:03 pm

Grad Nights suck as far as scheduling goes. They always try to make you work a shift almost exactly 8 hours afterwards and you are like, what about the other "X"number of cast members who didn't work a Grad Night last night, can't you get them to come in, since yesterday was their day off? Why should I be forced to undergo fatigue cuz they don't wanna work...schedule them dammit!

Also, not only does this happen for grad nights, but If you ever make the mistake of saying you are fully available when you don't have very high seniority, it sucks, cuz they magically like to schedule you opening shifts directly after closing shifts...so you get exactly 8 hours.

swingprincess
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by swingprincess » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:20 am

Scream162 wrote:Or better yet... working a Grad Nite and then being scheduled for another shift exactly 8 hours after you got off of the Grad Nite shift... :shock:

totally feel that pain. i live about 30 min from the park and i used to have a ball pass so the walk from mansion was easy, but then theystarted to crack down on that stuff so i HAD to park at k. and the line to get on the bus, the stops and all that really take a long time. so your 8hr chill time becomes 4 hours. you gota do that on the way there the next day. and that was my first grad night back in 2k. i learned from a bad experience.

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:17 pm

Be sure to turn in a grad nite preference form and put in the #'s for first
choice sequentially. Also put in ADO's for the next days after each well in
advance so you won't have to deal with the turn-arounds. It's just not
worth the whole 20 some-odd cents extra to me.

Oh yeah... unplug your phone the next morning. The call-ins get insane.

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.