As a guest in Pirets

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DLSweeper
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

As a guest in Pirets

Post by DLSweeper » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:30 pm

OK, so my friend and I are guests on Pirets and we're talking stupid stuff; hidden Mickeys, rides dates, random junk like that; half way through the ride at the battle scene this guy turns around and says really freakin' rude: Can you guys talk more quietly! I was so dumbfounded I didn't know what to say. Man, he kept looking at her for about a min straight, just staring her down. RUDE! So, on the rest of the ride I was telling her that, while in line, I was trying to figure out if the girl that was with him was a girl or not. Never saw her face but she had misquito bites for boobs. She needed a sign that said front and back. With how evil the guy was I figured we needed a hardy laugh. After we got off the ride his female companion shoots my friend a dirty look! We laughed about it after we got off, but man! You can't even talk on a ride without someone wanting to kill you, and I didn't think that we were talking loud. I thought that I was wipsering to her the whole time.

"I have a stupid question for you."

"Can I have a map?"

"Where is the restroom?"

"Do you work here?"

IndyBob
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: Former Attractions East & West: Indy, Mansion, Splash and my fav SPACE!!; and again Mansion &

Post by IndyBob » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:53 am

Pirates

On PLOA till March, waiting out my time to return as a Space Ranger (Space, not Buzz)

tuffcub
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by tuffcub » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:00 am

Ok DL Sweeper, first off, learn how to spell.
Second, do you actually work for DL or are you a AP? I would have to think that with your comments that you are a AP.
See, I do work for DL and I have noticed lately how rude the AP's have been getting. They seem to think that since they have forked out some extra money that they own the park. Did you ever stop to think that maybe the people in the boat with you have never been to DL before? I know if I had to pay what they are charging to visit the House of Mouse, I would want to be able to hear all the speils, whistles & bangs and NOT some flunky chattering on about something. See, I had bad experiences with some AP's..Can you tell? I brought my brother (his first time thru Holiday Mansion and he by chance is in a wheelchair). Well, you couldn't hear a damn thing because the AP's and there were about 20 of them were recited the speil in the stretching room together. Very annoying since they were so loud and thought that they were being cute. Ok, we waited till the room cleared so I could take my brother out and wheel him down the hallway before you get to the doombuggies. This AP ( and I know he was an AP because he identified himself as an AP and he has been on this ride hundreds of times) He tried to tell me that I was going the wrong way! He said that I had to stop till a guide came thru and got us and that he acually grabbed my brother's wheelchair and held it not letting us pass! Well, I am a big guy and I politely shoved him away and we got around him! I couldn't believe the balls this guy had! Needless to say when we got to the buggys, I was recognized by the hostess and told her what had happened. She shook her head and appologized. Luckly my borther laughed it off, but it kinda put a damper on the rest of our day there. So, yes, I am not thrilled woth most of the AP's.....Ok, I have vented now.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: As a guest in Pirets

Post by BRWombat » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:15 pm

[quote="DLSweeper"]OK, so my friend and I are guests on Pirets and we're talking stupid stuff]
Tell me this is a joke, Sweep. With the gross spelling errors, coupled with the fact that you've posted here lots, please let this be some kind of parody. Otherwise, I can't fathom why someone would think getting "shushed" is rude, when talking on the ride is the rude behavior.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

kimpossible33
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by kimpossible33 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:44 pm

Over on LaughingPlace there was a discussion about how this woman shushed up these two people after they had made a teeny-tiny, quiet comment on IASW... in which case, the point goes to the person venting on this woman. Totally different situation compared to what you just described. And way to resort to meaningless and unrelated insults that add no point whatsoever to your side of the story. Anyway, I hope you're joking because you fooled me.

Um... whose baby is this? :stork:

TheManator
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TheManator » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:35 pm

Even with as many times as I've been to DL (once was an AP), I never said nothing. I loved to indulge myself in the surroundings. And I also think it's rude for people to be talking nonstop on an attraction. I bet that man had many other experiences with people blabbering about other rides, maybe that is why he was, as you say "rude". I would be too.

Latasian731
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Latasian731 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:55 pm

I would have to agree that it is kinda rude to be talking throughout the entire attraction. It ranks up there with those APs or other guests that feel the need to recite the entire spiel from the elevator room on the Haunted Mansion.

Wendy Peffercorn
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Wendy Peffercorn » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:25 am

Latasian731 wrote:I would have to agree that it is kinda rude to be talking throughout the entire attraction. It ranks up there with those APs or other guests that feel the need to recite the entire spiel from the elevator room on the Haunted Mansion.
I CAN'T STAND THOSE PEOPLE! :bang:

One time during summer I got so fed up with it that I shushed really loud. I dont know if anyone knew it was me, but FUCK IT ANNOYS ME LIKE NO OTHER.

lovethefuzzies
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by lovethefuzzies » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:15 am

It's nice to know that castmembers are entering the guests' realm of stupidity and assholiness.

Johnhost
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Johnhost » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:45 pm

IndyBob wrote:Pirates
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW I KNOW!

Just some Dude