CLUB 33

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Johnhost
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

CLUB 33

Post by Johnhost » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:59 pm

Hey so what kind of sneak peak could a CM do for a guest into Club 33?

Is there anyway someone could help me with a quick showing.. not stay for lunch or anything. But I have always wanted to see it... I don't got the thousands to pony up for a membership though.

Thanks.

Just some Dude

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:24 pm

Ha! That's funny! Try looking in through the windows above New Orleans Square otherwise like all of us your boned!

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:43 pm

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:20 am

Doesn't one of the tours give a look into the lobby of club 33?

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:12 am

You could always put in for a transfer to Custodial, and get Restroom training...

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:28 am

The walk in walt's footsteps tour has a lunch from club 33, that's about as close as most of us can get as far as I know (unless you're 33 waitstaffor happen to win one of those very rare cast member raffles)

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:02 pm

They didn't used to have a lunch there. I took that tour a year, year and a half ago. That's not fair, now I'll have to take the tour again.

Christopher
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Christopher » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:14 pm

I never did understand exactly what Club 33 is supposed to be apart from some exclusive restaurant area or something. Exactly how is it one is supposed to get membership to it?

DisneyPrincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DisneyPrincess » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:26 pm

I did that tour in Sept and we got to go in the Club 33 lobby and take pictures and then did lunch on balcony of the Disney Gallery.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:58 am

Christopher wrote:I never did understand exactly what Club 33 is supposed to be apart from some exclusive restaurant area or something. Exactly how is it one is supposed to get membership to it?
It is a very exclusive private club. According to a report on Mouseplanet.com, the initiation fees and annual membership fees are as follows:
MousePlanet.com wrote:Corporate Memberships
Initial fee: $20,000 nonrefundable

Annual dues: $5525 for primary charter member, $4175 per additional associate member (up to nine permitted)

This plan permits a corporation to grant one charter member and up to nine associate members. Corporations hold title to this corporate account, and are allowed to transfer membership within their organizations.

Limited Corporate Memberships

Initial fee: $10,000 nonrefundable

Annual dues: $4175

This plan permits a corporation to grant a single membership to one of its employees. Corporations hold title to this corporate account, and are allowed to transfer membership within their organizations.

Gold Individual Memberships

Initial fee: $7500 nonrefundable

Annual dues: $2825

This plan permits an individual to hold a single membership. Membership is not transferable. Gold members may make reservations for themselves at Club 33 up to three months in advance, and up to two months in advance for their guests.

Reservations for the holiday season open in August for members and in October for guests of members.
A fourth class, Silver Individual Memberships, was discontinued in 2000, and has not been listed in this message.

In addition to the membership fees, there is also a waiting list to get a membership. According to MousePlanet contributor Stewart Jones...
Stewart Jones, in an interview by MousePlanet.com wrote:We decided to add our name to the Club 33 waiting list in 1997. I had heard that the wait could be quite extensive—some had said as many as 10 years—so we decided to add our name to the list without financial consideration. Notification came via a package in the mail June of this year (good thing I included a return address in my letter). I was given a little less than a month to decide—and we took the whole month to come to this decision. We dined there for the first time on June 27, 2001, our 14th wedding anniversary.
I guess that the best way to describe it is that it's Disneyland's equivalent to a Country Club.

(Edit: Corrected source attribution from MiceAge to Mouse Planet.)