Putting people in their places, without doing anything wrong

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:39 am

Hmm Ancient Idian Temples have quite a few Ancient Temple Breezes, mainly in the freezer... Film Room. It doesn't matter how many layers you have on, or how bundled up you are, you're still cold. and the cold air does not slow down, or have an kind of direction. it literally comes through three square holes in the ceiling and pours in like water, only it's cold air, the holes are about 1 sq foot each, or at least thats what it looks like from the ground (very high ceiling.)

Gimme some soft serve!

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:11 am

Here's the million dollar question GMC....

What would be worse for you? The cold air constantly? or a file I could send you titled (Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye Area Music Loop)?

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

aliceindisguse
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by aliceindisguse » Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:47 am

Being outside 85% of the time, the cold complaint isn't really a bother to me. If it's cold outside then they have to just suck it up and deal with it, if it's raining don't complian I'm standing in it too( I mean at least they can leave when they want).

But of course theres always when Guests step into Mr. Toad and find out that yes it feels like you've just stepped into a Sauna...that is when the boliers actually working. The constant barage of "why is it so hot/muggy/humid/sticky in here?" I'm sorry people but you can stand in it for at most 5 mins if I can handle it for an hour.(It gets sooo bad that we actually have to turn the boiler off in the summer).

Also I would give anything to be in the A/C At least that means your inside away from all of the natural elements.... Thank goodness for wool coats!! Or at least you get A/C we had to fight to have a vent at Snow White unload(the oven) after the last refurb.

How many in your group?
all of us.

Stay behind the yellow line

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:23 am

my ride will have a computer meltdown if the ac goes out. They tried to save money one summer by not running the AC at indy, it was down every five minutes, and you'd go outside just to cool down, so i hear. it was so bad that you'd just be pouring sweat the entire time.

Yeah, steam trains, and jungle... you know book, i think, so you know how cold it gets when you're a Pirate of the Disney Dark Waters. And for jungle all i get is a wimpy bath robe, or a canvas jaket linned with more canvass, which doesn't do much. and trains, we do get the wool pea coat, which, well kept me warm on summer nights, when it was like 75 and i was just trying to fight the wind chill.

as far as the constant ac vs. the adventureland loop... i'm good at tunning out the loop, so at least i'll be warm... right? and try working trains for 8 hours with the summer music going... yeah.

Gimme some soft serve!

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:32 am

Yeah AC in the Mansion year round or fighting the elements at Pooh. It was so cold one night at Pooh my lead sent me on a ride through to defrost. The critter coutry brown coat is toasty and covers my rear (which is key to keeping me warm) I also wear the hat (yes I look silly sometimes but my head is warm). One also needs to layer layer layer! You stay nice and toasty warm.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

Wendy Peffercorn
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Wendy Peffercorn » Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:37 am

Layering is good, Ive been doing that for the past couple weeks. It gets a little heavy though, especially when Im in that mansion costume.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:19 am

i'm the only guy at indy that wears more than two layers of costume. I wear the thin jacket, and the coat. i also use my own scarf, and usually thermals. is it bad show to wear a long sleeve undershirt, with my sleeves rolled up? or what about with the F! shirt, i'd be keeping the jacket on anyway, but if i needed to take it off.

Gimme some soft serve!

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:40 am

I dunno GMC. I will layer 3 layers with most costumes. It's easiest in Mansion (yes the costume is heavy but I don't notice). I always get so cold in pants. Oh well.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:08 pm

Damn, three layers is my *Summer* costume! In winter I add two or three more. Of course, winter only lasts a couple of weeks in Florida, but still....

Zazu

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:49 pm

what is the average summer temperature there, w/o the humidity making feel like double, and the average winter temperature.

Gimme some soft serve!