Quanto questan?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:07 pm

BAM!!! YOUR BANNED...

J/K There's no reason to ban you... yet. :twisted:

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

littlehope
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

help...i don't know spanish, chinese, french....

Post by littlehope » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:14 am

I agree when people come up to me and start speaking another language besides Englsih it gets frustrating. But this story has a twist...I was working a cart in toontown when a lady comes up to me and starts ordering in spanish...I know a little bit so I told her the price... she then started to correct my spanish in english (really good english too). If she knew english, why didn't she say her order in english, that is just frustrating. She then went on to say if I don't know a language well then I shouldn't speak it...I just said I'm sorry and finished the transaction.

Is it over yet...nope just beginning

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:18 am

My only problem with forgeign langauge speakers, who will come up to you and start saying something to you in their native tounge, to see if you also speak the language, and then just saying stuff to you really fast, to eliminate any chance of translation, you can tell because they'll give a sly look to their family, and then they all laugh, and start at it agian. Or the Lady who said the same five syallables over and over again (i'm not even sure it was actually spanish) and then saying my family. She got all butt hurt when I told her in spanish that she couldn't do what it was she had wanted to do. So it's not that i'm mad at them for not speaking my language, but moreso that i'm mad that they try and use it against me.

Gimme some soft serve!

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:33 am

GMC wrote:My only problem with forgeign langauge speakers, who will come up to you and start saying something to you in their native tounge, to see if you also speak the language, and then just saying stuff to you really fast, to eliminate any chance of translation, you can tell because they'll give a sly look to their family, and then they all laugh, and start at it agian. Or the Lady who said the same five syallables over and over again (i'm not even sure it was actually spanish) and then saying my family. She got all butt hurt when I told her in spanish that she couldn't do what it was she had wanted to do. So it's not that i'm mad at them for not speaking my language, but moreso that i'm mad that they try and use it against me.
Two words: "No Habla" And keep repeating that. Or reply to them in Pig Latin; or to quote Steve Martin: "voo doo svee, la voo doo la swa"

I'm tired of these (not you GMC) fucking immigrants who come to this country and expect everything to be handed to them, and they don't even have the decency to speak or even ATTEMPT to speak ENGLISH.

THIS IS AMERICA. WE SPEAK ENGLISH HERE.

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:05 pm

Well since the United States of America doesn't have a national langauge (you can all thank President Clinton for not signing that Bill), we technically have no right to bitch. (Oh but I do anyway).

Sorry but when I travel I try my best to learn a few phrases in the langauge most comonly spoken in the area I am visiting. In the case of America....ENGLISH. Sorry I failed Spanish in high school, I don't speak anything but English. Don't get mad at me for not knowing how to speak your language, if you need someone who can I'll gladly get my lead to radio for the nearest person who has a langauge pin in your langauge.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

abc
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by abc » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:34 pm

I know a bit of spanish, but what I'll do is if they right off the bat ramble some spanish off I'll just respond in really bad spanish. "es cerrado" or "si senorita" or "a las ocho quatro cinco". Whats funny is when they do ask me "do you speak spanish, or hables espanol", and I respond "yo hablo espanol un poquito" they always almost begin speaking perfect english, or well enough for me to understand.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:37 pm

leftcoaster wrote:THIS IS AMERICA. WE SPEAK ENGLISH HERE.
Yeah, maybe. But most folks don't speak it very well. And some rude people just shout it!

Sorry, but I don't get the problem with guests (or even fellow CMs) who aren't fluent in English. I have a problem with guests & CMs who have an *attidude*, or who won't believe me when I tell them something, but getting angry because we don't share a common language? That is *so* far down my list it hardly registers.

You can bitch about language if you like, but I'm saving mine for bitching about stupid.

Zazu

Yfoog
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Yfoog » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:32 pm

A person that speaks two languages: BILINGUAL
A person that speaks three languages: TRILINGUAL
A person that speaks one language: AMERICAN

The violentest place on earth!

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:17 pm

*puts on his sarcastic hat* so it's UN-American to speak only one language now!? Well i'm going to start my own country, and the language will change whenever i feel like it! German will be forbidden, and replaced with GMCeese (gee-m-sees), and everyone will want to live there! It'll be called QGMERICA (Guh-Merica!)

Gimme some soft serve!

Yfoog
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Yfoog » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:10 am

Zazu wrote:You can bitch about language if you like, but I'm saving mine for bitching about stupid.
How about bitching about a stupid language? (mainly English)
- How come phonetic isn't spelled the way it sounds?
- English has grammer rules that aren't an exact science. For example, I before E, except after C... (except for the word, SCIENCE)
- If insane means not sane and insensitive means not sensitive, than why does inflamable refer to somthing that burns well?

Edited by Polar33: Fixed BBCode

The violentest place on earth!