Sorry! We're CLOSED!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:20 pm

This is one I posted back in the Yahoo Group days:

"I was telling people were closed at The Train in DCA while keeping the door open for people to leave. One man come up to me and asks, "Is this the tram that takes us back to our car?" I looked at him funny and said no this is a resturant that is inside a train that doesn't move." I then proceded to tell him were the Mickey and Friends tram was. I hoped he wasn't parked at the Timone lot, he might never get home."

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

littlehope
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

I don't even serve that...

Post by littlehope » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:56 am

I was closing a popcorn cart in tomorrowland at night (back when we actually had to clean our own carts...) and this guest comes up and starts ordering a hamburger!?!? I first stated that I was no longer open and then began to explain the difference between a popcorn cart and a place that served hamburgers. The guest then explains how he bought a hamburger earlier from here. I thought he was out of it and said that Club Buzz serves burgers, maybe he got it from there. I also explained that Club Buzz was closed and that really made him made. He grabbed his little kid by the arm and stormed off. I just shrugged and continued to clean...but he wasn't the first that night to think I was open nor the last.

Is it over yet...nope just beginning

LegoDan
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LegoDan » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:26 am

you guys don't have to clean your popcorn carts? i guess legoland needs to save money. I don't know if guests can see your popcorn in the maker but i always got:

Guest: stares at the empty popcorn machine "Yeah, i'd like to buy a popcorn"
Me: "Sorry, but i'm out right now and i won't be making anymore"
Guest: "Well why not?"
Me: "um, because i ran out"
guest: "when will you be making more?"
Me: "not tonight, i'm closing"

and so forth, i think that every theme park could invest in a sign that says "if it's not on the menu and you can't see it we don't have it" of course we all know how many will read it (let me give a hint, a number less than 1)

"Some days it takes all you've got just to keep up with the losers."

littlehope
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

you can't close....the park still open

Post by littlehope » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:07 am

My favorite guest moment is when I was about to push my big drink cart back to the office a guest comes up and ask for a churro ( I don't know how they got that from a drink cart but lets just ignore the churro part) conversation as follows:
g: how can you be closed the park is still opened?
me: Because it's time for this particular cart to close.
g: well I want a churro, and I want it now
me: Well, I'm sorry but not only am I closed but all I have is drinks, and most of them are warm. If you would go to the castle, there is a churro cart there and they are still open
g: That's too far, and the line is too long...I want to talk to your supervisor
me: If I knew where the nearest one was I would get them but I don't see one.
g: you are a terrible employee haven't you heard a customer is always right?
me: yes but i can not give you something I don't have...I'm sorry.
g: Well I want to talk to someone about you, get someone now.
me: you can go to City Hall and file a complant
g: where is it
me go past the castle and all the way down ms and it is the last building on the left
g: fine I will

I haven't heard from a manger if I got a complaint that night, and it's been about a year so I think the guest was too lazy to go or they found a churro cart with no line

Is it over yet...nope just beginning

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:27 am

if anyone tries to tell you that the customer is always right, inform them that they are guests and your job title is Host/Hostess, meaning You are right. If they don't like that put them in your role, only at a party taking place in thier home: "Imagine you're hosting a party and your house, and you've layed down some ground rules for your guests to follow, their simple, but someone decides they don't have to follow your rules, and then claim that it was allowed, because the customer is always right." granted it probly won't come down to that, but you should at least remind them that they are guests, and we are hosts.

Gimme some soft serve!

Latasian731
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Latasian731 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:05 am

GMC wrote:if anyone tries to tell you that the customer is always right, inform them that they are guests and your job title is Host/Hostess, meaning You are right. If they don't like that put them in your role, only at a party taking place in thier home: "Imagine you're hosting a party and your house, and you've layed down some ground rules for your guests to follow, their simple, but someone decides they don't have to follow your rules, and then claim that it was allowed, because the customer is always right." granted it probly won't come down to that, but you should at least remind them that they are guests, and we are hosts.
Preach on!! If I could get away with saying that...I totally would!

Cire
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Angry Guest

Post by Cire » Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:23 am

I was at greeter at Screamin' and it was about ten minutes before closing. This woman and her son come up to me and ask me what time we closed. I told them, they looked at the queue a bit and decided to leave. Apparently they felt they would have enough time to do whatever and return later and still be able to ride with no problem.

So, I close the line at 9p.m. sharp! About aproximately 9:05 the woman and her son return.

I said, "Sorry guys we're closed now."

They said, "What? But we were just here. You saw us."

I said, "Yeah I saw you and I told you that we closed in about ten minutes."

The mother pleaded and gave me this story about how they have been dissapointed all day and that how somebody stole their backpack and so on.

I told her that I could not let them in line, because then I would have to let everyone else who missed the cut-off and who don't know what 'we're closed' means in line as well.

Meanwhile the little boy was furious and looked at me like he wanted me to die! He bypassed me, walked towards the chain, unclipped it and walked in line! My mouth dropped! The mother just watched him walk in and said nothing to him.

The Guests at the end of the line were all watching, too.

So, I walk after him and tell him he has to leave. He turns around and said, "F*** YOU!"

Oh heellll no! I had just about enough of both of these people! So the mother continues to plead and beg, looks at her watch and accused me of closing the line before nine. I mentioned that my lead would not allow any more people in line. Then she wanted to talk to my lead. Frustrated and getting a little impatient, I call my lead and told her about how this woman would not leave me alone. My lead (who is so awesome and always on our side) said she would make no exceptions for anyone!

I hang up and tell the woman that my lead had told me exactly what I had been telling her for the past five minutes!

Ever since then I HATED closing greeter for fear of hearing people's BS. Now though, hearing people's excuses are kind of amusing.

If this ride is so important, why do they wait until the last minute to do it?

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:03 am

It was my first night ever closing Mansion (ye gawds that was over a year ago) and the lead sent me out to close the gate. I was closing the gate and theis party of two came up to me and asked if we were closed. I replied "Yes we are come see us tomorrow" (since it was Christmas and many people were multidaying). This guy tried to guilt trip me into letting them on the ride!. I was all o.O. Now for anyone who is familar with mansion we already had taken our last load into the attraction. I told the guy no that we had already closed the ride.

After I finally got him to leave I walked away shaking my head.

On a side note at Legoland, I would close my doors at the time indicated on the micros computer. I had my other MC at the computer and we waited till the last second. When we did free refill cups it was the worse. I locked the doors and went around back (the idiot who built the shop made it impossible to go from back of house to the front without going completely around. As I would be counting out the register people would bang on the door (cause they could see us cleaning) to let them in for a free refill, I shook my head. Sorry guys the soda fountain was the first thing we took apart.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

shorty1219
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Autopia WC

Post by shorty1219 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:49 pm

I have the same problem when I am closing the Autopia Winner's Circle Shop. When they are one of the last groups on the ride they still get lisences. And of course there are winners within that group. So when I have the curtain shut on the store, guests (and security CM's) will walk all the way around the curtain trying to find an opening so they can get their stupid free car. I'll be counting out the register and I'll hear "Hello? Hello! We won a car!" all around the curtain. It makes my lead and me mad when they do that.

~[font=Comic Sans MS]Rebel Justin[/font]~

[font=Tahoma]It started with a mouse...it ended with management.[/font]
[font=Arial]CM Tenure: 1/11/2003-5/30/2006[/font]

abc
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by abc » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:15 pm

^Thats something your managers need to take care of and resolve with attractions managers...Not the guests' wrong at all. Either stop giving out the drivers licenses 15 minutes before the shop closes or keep the shop open till the last guests get off autopia.