Speaking of going to Disneyland...

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Speaking of going to Disneyland...

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:22 am

Well! It has been...whoa, over 2 years since my last post! That’s what a new job and being in a relationship will do to you! It has been considerably longer since I have been to Disneyland. We are talking when Indiana Jones was still the hot ride, Country Bears were still there, and California Adventure was still on the drawing board. However, this September, my lady and I will be going down there. Not only will it be her first visit to a Disney resort, but I will be celebrating my birthday. I’ll post more details as I work things out. I know we aren’t a travel advice board, but I wouldn’t mind any PMs with any tips for cutting costs and such! Whee!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Speaking of going to Disneyland...

Post by BRWombat » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:46 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:22 am
Well! It has been...whoa, over 2 years since my last post! That’s what a new job and being in a relationship will do to you! It has been considerably longer since I have been to Disneyland. We are talking when Indiana Jones was still the hot ride, Country Bears were still there, and California Adventure was still on the drawing board. However, this September, my lady and I will be going down there. Not only will it be her first visit to a Disney resort, but I will be celebrating my birthday. I’ll post more details as I work things out. I know we aren’t a travel advice board, but I wouldn’t mind any PMs with any tips for cutting costs and such! Whee!
Hey Patchy! Welcome back to the remnants of SGT...

Can't help much with the money-saving tips, I'm afraid. You already know about the biggest money-saver -- not going for several years! :biggrin:

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:20 pm

BRWombat wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:46 pm
Hey Patchy! Welcome back to the remnants of SGT...

Can't help much with the money-saving tips, I'm afraid. You already know about the biggest money-saver -- not going for several years! :biggrin:
Hey, Wombat! Great to see you! Don't worry about the money-saving tips. I could also use suggestions of how to make the most of a birthday at DL, if anyone has them.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:39 am

Don't worry about asking for travel advice, SGT isn't what it used to be. Social Media and really lack of participation and advertising SGT has basically put it into sunset mode. I can keep it running for nearly $0. I had a few ideas on making the site a little different to perhaps spur more interest, but no time to work on it.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:18 pm

I'm going to seriously miss SGT when/if it goes away. How will I get along without the wonderful people I've met over the years?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:43 am

felinefan wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:18 pm
I'm going to seriously miss SGT when/if it goes away. How will I get along without the wonderful people I've met over the years?
Well, I have no plans to shut it down. If anything, it'll continue on just as a tribute to days of SGT's past. Maybe one day it'll become popular again, but who knows!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:31 am

ktulu wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:43 am
Well, I have no plans to shut it down. If anything, it'll continue on just as a tribute to days of SGT's past. Maybe one day it'll become popular again, but who knows!
I still wear my hat around in the parks, never had anyone ask about it though.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:04 pm

Your new avatar is cute, PatchOBlack! Did you draw it? Silly question, I know....

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:22 am

felinefan wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:04 pm
Your new avatar is cute, PatchOBlack! Did you draw it? Silly question, I know....
That was drawn by the now late Albert Temple, who wrote and drew the webcomic Gene Catlow. My online persona was a returning guest character.