yelling is rude

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

yelling is rude

Post by lady ulrike » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:31 am

So yesterday, I'm working lane, (the walkway past book to small world) it was actually really slow and easy (for the second parade). I'm at the top of lane (i.e. the first CM if you're heading to small world.) I look back towards SW and there's a lot of people coming and they're in the whole lane, left and right side. So I yell "please move to your right hand side." And this woman comes up to me and says "Why are you all yelling at kids all the time, it's rude" and I was shocked for a second, but said "I wasn't yelling at any particular person, I was yelling so I could be heard." and she replied with "you shouldn't yell it's rude" So, just thought I'd let all of you other GC CMs that from now on, only talk softly when working a high traffic area, like say Main Street split. You need to softly and gently tell each person to move to their right, stop traffic if you have to so they can hear you. Then noone will ever get anywhere. :twisted:

BTW, I had so many responses I wanted to give, like ok, next time I'll let the kids get run over by people coming the other direction. OR How do you expect people to hear me over the sound of parade music, fireworks, Fantasmic, or the sound of hundreds of other guests? But I held my tongue, I figured it wasn't worth the complaint, who knows she might've filed one anyway, but I think it'll get tossed.

Anyone else have geniuses like this???

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:39 am

Yup. Doesn't help when I raise my voice I get a bit of a command tone in it. I have to yell at Mansion to be heard over all the music at load and unload, and to be heard over the people in the ERs. I have to yell on Fantasmic cause of volume. Yelling and GC go together like Peanut butter and jelly.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:33 pm

i've not been able to project my voice to it's fullest capacity lately, the speaker on MS are soo loud during pyro, they make me feel weak... but my walkway moves, so i guess it's ok.

Gimme some soft serve!

wazowski
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by wazowski » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:01 am

I too was yelled at for yelling.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:39 am

so yeah, New Years eve, My Yell came back! that DJ had nothing on me, and later on right before the awesome pyro display, i yelled louder than i'd ever yelled before... it was like using the dark side of the force! Stupid girl, don't cuss at me because i'm telling you the best way to get where you wanna go! I saw you try and go up the exit, which would have, well, put you where there was nothing. So as she was walking away.... Please stay to you're right and use the pathway through the two bushes, AND WATCH YOU LANGUAGE! I sooo hope i didn't yeal watch ur Fing languge, because that's what i was thinking! Event 6, that was good times.

Gimme some soft serve!

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: yelling is rude

Post by felinefan » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:01 am

Oh boy, last April I was operating the Calico Railroad, and I saw a kid playing with our ancient and decrepit turnstile, and because of the noise level I yelled at him to please not play with the turnstile. Sometime later, another kid was playing on the chain gate we use to let wheelchair users through, and if you push down on the chains, the support rod pops up and hits you. Again, I yelled, due to the noise level, not to play on the chain gate. Well, both times the parents complained, and a couple days later I was sent to the Rides Office and was told one of those guests had sent my area manager an email, calling me a "child-hater"! Oh, please, people, grow up already! I swear there should be a Child Protective Services unit to protect kids from their retarded parents! Anyway, I got put on a six month final. And wouldn't you know it, the day after it expired, I got put on another six month final for going to the bathroom! And if you didn't catch my post under "Rude, rude, rude", last Thursday I got put on suspension/fired (because it's extremely rare for someone on suspension to keep their job), again for going to the bathroom! So glad to be out of that hellhole, though it comes at an awkward time.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:35 am

felinefan wrote:Oh boy, last April I was operating the Calico Railroad, and I saw a kid playing with our ancient and decrepit turnstile, and because of the noise level I yelled at him to please not play with the turnstile. Sometime later, another kid was playing on the chain gate we use to let wheelchair users through, and if you push down on the chains, the support rod pops up and hits you. Again, I yelled, due to the noise level, not to play on the chain gate. Well, both times the parents complained, and a couple days later I was sent to the Rides Office and was told one of those guests had sent my area manager an email, calling me a "child-hater"! Oh, please, people, grow up already! I swear there should be a Child Protective Services unit to protect kids from their retarded parents! Anyway, I got put on a six month final. And wouldn't you know it, the day after it expired, I got put on another six month final for going to the bathroom! And if you didn't catch my post under "Rude, rude, rude", last Thursday I got put on suspension/fired (because it's extremely rare for someone on suspension to keep their job), again for going to the bathroom! So glad to be out of that hellhole, though it comes at an awkward time.

Sounds like things in the Rides office haven't changed a damn bit since I got canned (for hitting the Bigfoot turntable e-stop with my head! :eek :)

tskbf2005
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tskbf2005 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:51 pm

CBeilby wrote:Sounds like things in the Rides office haven't changed a damn bit since I got canned (for hitting the Bigfoot turntable e-stop with my head! :eek :)
I love have been there for u useing your hit E-stop with your head and our guest are no normal

mentu
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by mentu » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:29 am

One time at Mansion a maid was trying to get all the guests into stretch and they weren't moving. I was passing through, saw what was going on, walked right up and bellowed for everyone to get inside.

Sometimes when force doesn't work, you're not using enough.

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:51 pm

It helps that I've had six years of singing training. I may not be Sinatra but I can prokect easily without yelling. Not only does it make it not sound like I'm yelling, but my voice doesn't hurt nearly as much at the end of the night.