Four people struck by Disneyland float

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
hulkcoaster
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by hulkcoaster » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:08 pm

^^The point was the costume is restrictive in vision.

nitro-junkie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by nitro-junkie » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:42 am

Sounds to me like every one of these posts come from uninformed people who have not ever worked on the parades. You incriminate yourselves. Keep yammering away.

As one who has driven everything you can think of (including the genie sleigh) over a four year period, the only appropriate thing to be said is well wishes for the injured, and the driver. I know that guy. I was there the night it happened, and listening to this hen party fills me with disgust. To call anyone "reckless" as a driver when you yourself have never driven these vehicles is like you saying a NASCAR driver in a race ignores the speed limit on the freeway. Both drivers are doing what they are trained to do and sometimes bad s**t happens to good people!

Like a bunch of idiot housewives you are, and I offer no apologies for any of what I've said. Why? Because I know, because I'm right, and you're all just jumping to conclusions and offering baseless opinions.

"There goes one of God's own prototypes.
A high powered mutant never meant for mass production. Too weird to live, too beautiful to die!"-Hunter Thompson

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:56 am

Look we're offering our opinions. I know there is training involved in driving floats as there is in driving attractions. We were all in shock when we heard about what happened. I am concerned to how the driver is taking all the heat, and how the victems are doing.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:19 pm

Dude, he WHACKED 4 people with that float. I'm a pretty good driver but under certain weather conditions, I adjust my driving. The float driver should have done the same thing. You are just upset because you worked floats and new the guy. Try putting yourself in the people that got whacked shoes. You wanna explain to that lady in the hospital how you float drivers are "properly trained" to get that close to guests with a float and that sometimes, well, woops! Bad shit happens!

Fact is the guy lost control of a float that is known to be driven erratically. I agree, this was an accident waiting to happen.

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

Yfoog
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Yfoog » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:56 pm

According to MousePlanet this same float was invoved with an incident during the first parade that day. Link

The violentest place on earth!

nitro-junkie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by nitro-junkie » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:07 pm

Weeble, let me see if I'm hearing you correctly: You're saying that you (and possibly others) knew for a fact, scientifically, objectively, that the genie sled was purposely driven in an unsafe fashion, and that you recognized this as a safety hazard in the past?

If this is true, then ethics demands that you tried to put a stop to this danger, correct? It would be no different than if you saw a robbery happening: you see people in danger, and take the appropriate steps to stop it. I am wondering what efforts you took to stop the so-called "hazardous" way that the genie sled was operated?

If a person has knowledge of an unsafe situation and takes no steps to right that situation, that person has no right to say "I told you so" after the fact. That's called "scapegoating", and to use a tired cliche', hindsight is 20/20. This kind of behavior is the territory of weak thinking. Maybe you have some helpful advice for the pilots of crashed airplanes?

Sure, we all feel horrible for the persons that got hit by the sled. But stop talking like you knew what was happening to cause this to happen.

Maybe I'm wrong. But I doubt it.

"There goes one of God's own prototypes.
A high powered mutant never meant for mass production. Too weird to live, too beautiful to die!"-Hunter Thompson

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:24 am

Nitro Junkie, I suggest that you stop overreacting. Weeble did NOT suggest that the accident was intentional. What he said is that the driver should have adjusted his driving to the conditions. You decided to take it as a personal slight. I'm beginning to wonder exactly what stake you have in this. It's starting to sound like YOU might be the float driver in question. IF you indeed are, then I strongly suggest, for your own protection, that you stop publically posting to this thread now.

Chabobo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Four people struck by Disneyland float

Post by Chabobo » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:07 pm

was anyone there for the night when SPM started sliding backwards at wdw near stepdown? that was a fun night...

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:47 pm

Chabobo wrote:was anyone there for the night when SPM started sliding backwards at wdw near stepdown? that was a fun night...
Sadly, no. I also missed it last week when they discovered the SpectroMagic floats won't clear the construction walls at the hub...

... the hard way! :wreck:

Zazu

Chabobo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Chabobo » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:11 am

hahahaha i didnt hear that! did they just move the wall back?

lets just pretend DAK never happend...