Tannerite

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Tannerite

Post by hobie16 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:37 pm

This guy could potentially be a stupid guest if he could still walk.

Among the week’s most ludicrous stories, top honors have to go to our title story, in which a Georgia man decided—just for fun—to pack a riding lawnmower full of Tannerite brand explosive and shoot at it with his assault rifle until it blew up. Guns can be dangerous, of course. And so can lawn mowers. Advancing toward a lawnmower rigged to explode, while firing repeatedly at it so that it does explode, more dangerous still. Eventually, this exciting stand against tyrannical lawn care equipment did end in the explosion he was hoping for, with one twist: It blew his leg off. And it was all captured on video by his friends. Let this be a warning to lawnmowers everywhere: We will get you.

[video][/video]

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Tannerite

Post by felinefan » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:34 pm

Like they say on Mythbusters: Don't try this at home! We have experts to keep us safe!

Maybe we can add an Adam and Jaime smiley on here....

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:06 pm

I'm also thinking that it might be a prime example of "thinning the herd". Survival of the fittest, etc. Sounds like this guy was not really going to contribute anything worthwhile to society anyway.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:12 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:I'm also thinking that it might be a prime example of "thinning the herd". Survival of the fittest, etc. Sounds like this guy was not really going to contribute anything worthwhile to society anyway.
Or a Darwin Award. :wink:

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:46 pm

Oh what fun to see a headline or video of someone doing something incredibly stupid to then see it comes from your home state.

I could get a chuckle out of it if it didn't seem to almost ALWAYS be my home state.. :lol:

Also, Is it just me or does "Tannerite" sound like it might be some Amish sect.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:15 am

darph nader wrote:
Goofyernmost wrote:I'm also thinking that it might be a prime example of "thinning the herd". Survival of the fittest, etc. Sounds like this guy was not really going to contribute anything worthwhile to society anyway.
He can only qualify for the Darwin Awards if he doesn't already have offspring, and if, along with his leg, he eliminated his ability to procreate. :Lecture: :biggrin:

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:07 pm

WEDFan wrote:
darph nader wrote:
He can only qualify for the Darwin Awards if he doesn't already have offspring, and if, along with his leg, he eliminated his ability to procreate. :Lecture: :biggrin:
Well, they never really specified which "leg" was lost.

Sooooo! :explosion:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:59 am

felinefan wrote:Maybe we can add an Adam and Jaime smiley on here....
Couldn't find one that wasn't covered by copyright. Perhaps you could select a pair of gingers from the following assortment:

:Alameda: :Beaker: :BillCat: :Gideon: :KingLouie: :Willie:

Zazu, Smiliemeister