Confessions of a Theme Park Worker- new Youtube channel

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Confessions of a Theme Park Worker- new Youtube channel

Post by JugglingFreak » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:44 pm

Loved the one about the hiring process and training.

SirWillow
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SirWillow » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:10 pm

If you're wondering what's happened- no I haven't stopped posting videos. In fact, episode 17 went up last week talking about an experience on Rhino Rally, but I didn't link it here since it wasn't Disney. I'm late on this weeks videos. It's been a really busy couple of weeks, and as I sat down to start editing I realized that I had a bunch of background noise on all of my film that I couldn't edit out. So I'll be reshooting all of it and trying to get it posted this weekend. Hopefully I'll have it up by Saturday afternoon.

My videos that I have planned for next week will be coming back to Disney again. Among those coming up, in no particular order, will be funny moments working with Mickey and Minnie, a history of Photopass in the parks, and what to expect/ do when meeting characters.

SirWillow
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SirWillow » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:25 pm

If you work in a theme or amusement park, you're probably familiar with some of this. If not, here's more reasons why some of us love it so much- the perks!! [video][/video]

SirWillow
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SirWillow » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:50 pm

The newest episode is here, with more great moments that those who work in the parks will sympathize with. Yes, it's more great dumb moments with guests!
[video][/video]
Hope you enjoy.

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:43 pm

SirWillow wrote: You can see the Disney one at
Only seen a couple but these are great and I have subscribed. :)

Had to respond to the first one, though, because (a) I love the Trolley Show! and (b) my crew splits up most of the time at WDW, but we like to meet to watch the Flag Retreat and then go down to that alley off of Main Street for dinner. I'd heard before that there's a CM door there, but my crew wolfs down their food so fast (gotta race down and catch the show in front of the castle, don't'cha know!), that I've never seen it happen. Had not heard about the break room and hearing the horsie feet overhead. :lol:

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:34 pm

SirWillow wrote:If you're wondering what's happened- no I haven't stopped posting videos. In fact, episode 17 went up last week talking about an experience on Rhino Rally, but I didn't link it here since it wasn't Disney.
I debated moving this to the "Other Theme Parks" board, but that one's not nearly as active as the WDW board, so I'll keep it here.

With that being said, if you want to post the occasional video in this thread that's not Disney-specific, I don't see why that would be a problem.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:40 am

hhsrat wrote:
SirWillow wrote:If you're wondering what's happened- no I haven't stopped posting videos. In fact, episode 17 went up last week talking about an experience on Rhino Rally, but I didn't link it here since it wasn't Disney.
I debated moving this to the "Other Theme Parks" board, but that one's not nearly as active as the WDW board, so I'll keep it here.

With that being said, if you want to post the occasional video in this thread that's not Disney-specific, I don't see why that would be a problem.
Just to echo hhsrat, one thread to rule them all is what we would prefer, even if it goes off-topic. Cause that has never happened here before ;)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:30 pm

ktulu wrote:...

Just to echo hhsrat, one thread to rule them all is what we would prefer, even if it goes off-topic. Cause that has never happened here before ;)

SirWillow
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SirWillow » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:47 pm

hhsrat wrote:

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words, and the ratio is probably about 2/3rds Disney and the rest the other parks. I did just upload a couple about pranks we pulled at SDC while on the train, but wasn't planning on linking them here as I'm trying to avoid looking like a self promoting spammer as well. Though I guess that's hard to avoid.

in any case, I figure most people that want to see them will likely be subscribed by now, so I'll update when I think I've got a really good Disney focused one. Otherwise I may leave the updating to others, unless people feel otherwise. I do really appreciate the kind words and support though!!

SirWillow
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SirWillow » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:02 pm

It's been quiet around here the last couple of months, so for the sake of stirring up some discussion, here's a link to my latest video- Christmas and working at the Magic Kingdom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL-Rg83tC7g