Lumberjack controversy in Canada's National Newspaper

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Lumberjack controversy in Canada's National Newspaper

Post by delsdad » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:35 pm

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Lumberjack controversy in Canada's National Newspaper

Post by felinefan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:35 pm

I guess they weren't okay. :wink: Ironic that they had the Lumberjacks which Canada was afraid they'd put in. I would've thought they would've considered the RCMP to be parodied the most. But I guess most of the crowd are too young to remember the classic cartoon, Dudley Dooright, who was a Mountie.

If I sound like I'm not completely on top of my game, it's because 1.) shorter days fry my brain, and 2.) I worked for a couple of friends most of the day Saturday and the afternoon of Sunday. Saturday I hit my head on a glass and marble fireplace shelf as I came up from picking something off the floor, and Sunday while helping assemble a snowman streetlight cover the hat came off and bonked my nose. Plus I'm a bit sleep deprived. No blood either case, but still, the nose is a bit tender.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by delsdad » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:03 pm

felinefan wrote:I guess they weren't okay. :wink: Ironic that they had the Lumberjacks which Canada was afraid they'd put in. I would've thought they would've considered the RCMP to be parodied the most. But I guess most of the crowd are too young to remember the classic cartoon, Dudley Dooright, who was a Mountie.

If I sound like I'm not completely on top of my game, it's because 1.) shorter days fry my brain, and 2.) I worked for a couple of friends most of the day Saturday and the afternoon of Sunday. Saturday I hit my head on a glass and marble fireplace shelf as I came up from picking something off the floor, and Sunday while helping assemble a snowman streetlight cover the hat came off and bonked my nose. Plus I'm a bit sleep deprived. No blood either case, but still, the nose is a bit tender.
Watch out for those head injuries. They can sneak up on you.

I think it might be a copyright issue to parody the mounties uniforms and musical ride, however they could always get the real thing. Mounties on horseback would be popular. As would a stage show paying tribute to SCTV and the Mackenzie brothers !
[video][/video]

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by delsdad » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:05 pm

or something based on this Canadian gem [video][/video]